Have you been on the Fantasy?

~earthmama~

On our Fantasy cruise in June we saw people turned away for wearing shorts, even women, on every night but the first night ~embarkation~ I was surprised because normally they have not been as strict but they were enforcing a more proper code in the MDR. We were sitting right by the door so it was more obvious to us. I see not wanting to dress but you have to then go to Lido buffet so you do have a choice.

Im in the same boat with Cigardude, i have and will continue to wear my black tux on formal night. Granted not many will wear them but i still enjoy the chance to.

:)

On our Fantasy cruise in June we saw people turned away for wearing shorts, even women, on every night but the first night ~embarkation~

That is actually good to hear! Finally a little enforcement of the rules?

This is what I read into the requirements NO SHORTS but you can wear dress shorts (long) and therein lies the problem. Not many know what long dress shorts are. They just think shorts is shorts and then find out different when turned away. Here is what the carnival.com says about "what to wear" and casual night. Elegant night "No shorts" and they mean anykind including the long dress shorts.

"Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats."

I don't make the rules but I do know how to read them. Hard to read anything else into this. And this is not a suggestion as many seem to think. It is a requirement. Words like "Not permitted" and "No" are not suggestions they are demands! Glad to see at least the Fantasy staff understands the rules their boss wrote.

Archived