**Help! Why Can't CCL Tell the Truth?**

BC Todd

Glad you added your two cents. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, I see not a thing wrong with folks who read John's blog having a bit of extra information. Guests were booking the supper club via John's blog for over a year before it was available on the Carnival web site so the fact that the Chef's Table booking tool isn't on the Carnival web site makes little difference.

Also, consider the fact that folks who post on Cruise Critic, without doubt, talk about their cruise experience to others... both experienced folks and non cruisers. I see it as an excellent source of free advertising.

:)

See, that's the thing. It makes all the difference in the world. We already have one poster who hasn't gotten a response. God knows how many more have gotten or are getting the same treatment. This sort of attitude is both lazy, self-serving, passive-aggressive, and does nothing to enhance the bottom line.

If CCL wants this to work, they should be targeting it at the foodie market. Not a forum where you can find out where CCL buys their hotdogs in bulk. And by doing that, having a link on their site that goes to the chef handling the table and not Johnny Blogger Boy Who Might or Might Not Get Back To You If He's Not Too Busy Discussing His Underpants.

• 4 weeks later...

In a way I kind of want to stand on the sidelines and watch as this unfolds. It is interesting to see the different perspectives on this whole Chef's table dinning experience from the point of reservation and how they are made to the meals and how they are served. Some dishes are best served cold....so I must get to the point.

On one side if I make a bad comment about JH on here and then try to make a reservation does it get wanked into the waste? This is how I see the argument against JH not being the sole proprietor of the sign up list. I do see that every prostipostion (spelled correctly) in life that people hold have their own perks, perhaps this is just one of his to be able to give what is obviously preferential treatment to cruisers that post to his bloggy thingy. I don't really think though that JH or any other associated blogger for the Chef's tables' preferential list has any intention of alternate intent.....but if it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck......then make sure that Sanga gets a hold of it and has it available for his private menu.

We have yet to experience the Chef's table and surprisingly have not heard about it until I decided to read other threads than just the Roll Call for our cruise. I think it might partially be due to the fact that it is billed as a new experience for 2010. It does sound like an interesting and delightful event. I do notice additional East coast preferential treatment in this event.

The Chef’s Table is already available on Carnival Dream, Liberty, Pride, Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination, Fascination and Inspiration!

I think this might be a national conspiracy at this point. Since CCL is HQ'd on the East side they might not care about what happens on the West side of the tracks....so to say....

I think the bigger uproar at this point should focus on getting the Splendor, Spirit, and Paradise (a truly wonderful ship for it's size) outfitted for this feasters delight....with that said...

It seems that the original intent of the thread asking why CCL is not telling the truth of the matter has been completely ignored in favor of discussing whether JH's actions are sanctioned or not, including whether there might be any moral obligation on the part of CCL to make this option of advanced booking more clear for all clientele......it is clear to me that if we look only at the facts here, then CCL is not telling the WHOLE truth.

The information on the website is not complete since it does not include that reservations can also be made through JH's bloggy thingy, (which I personally see as funny sometimes and overly patronizing at others, not that I condone a CCL CD to be blogging in his buggered briefs).

The website does clearly state " Reservations can be made onboard through the Guest Services desk and the fee is $75 per person (including wine and gratuity.)" I think that clearly states the obvious. Reservation options "can" be made onboard, they can apparently be made through CC and JH, so onboard is one of three available options and skirts the idea of CCL not telling the truth.......it just might not be the whole truth....since they do not give all available avenues up front.

JH put the statement on his blog that he was going to do this for his bloggers. Put your info on his blog and a Stef 345 handles it to the ship. The person on the ship contact is the person that handles the stake House res. and they send a conf back to the person they are booked for that cruise. They are the only people involved. People at carnival don't know a thing about it. There info says to book it when you get on the ship. So the rest of the people must book when they get on the ship. There are only 12 to 24 spots per ship so alot of people are not going to get it no matter how it done.

So it will be a perk for the people that read JHs blog, guess you will have to live with it till they change it back to just booking onboard and the first 12 to 24 people get the spots.

Archived