Disney Wonder visiting Mexico from LA

Loving _life

Looking for some tips from past travelers aboard the Wonder to find out info about the ship, some quieter beaches to visit in the ports of call, some of the excursions available (not listed yet as my cruise is in April), costs of some things not listed on Disney Cruise site (washers- last post said $1 in 2009) and any tips on making the trip better (upgrade?, changing meal time, quieter places to go on the ship). Also, wouldn't mind communicating with others planning to travel in April for the 10 day trip. Thanks to all that respond with comments and ideas!:)

Hi !! I am going between these boards and the disboards... both have roll calls so you will meet others there. We are on your ship too if it is the DCL 4/17/11 cruise. We are first time cruisers so I am trying to gather as much information as possible too!

I was on the Wonder's sister ship, Magic, in January and will be on the first sailing from the west coast. The ships are very nicely decorated in a classic, not over the top, fashion. While there are Disney touches, they're not in your face or screaming Disney at you. In fact, if it weren't for the characters onboard, you might forget that you were on a Disney ship, at least until you got up on deck.

I'd recommend the ports of call boards. That will give you a lot of information on the ports. For example, if looking for a beach day, Stone Island in mazatlan might be a good choice or a day pass at one of the hotels

If you want to upgrade, you should check the disneycruise site regularly to see if something becomes available.

Changing meal times - Are you looking to change from late to early or from early to late? You can most likely change from early to late on the website but it is more difficult to change from late to early. To do that, you need to arrive at the ship early and go to a designated place (I believe it is Rockin Bar D) to request the change.

What do you mean by "quieter places"? Do you have kids? Are you looking for solitude or privacy on the ship without them? As far as ports, I know I've read about quiet beaches on the ports of call board.

Archived