Saint John Questions

I would love to hear from some of the Saint John experts on what I am thinking about doing on our day there. My plan is to rent a car from Avis. Go to Reversing Falls. I would expect to get to Reversing Falls about 10:30 or 11:00 Atlantic Time with low tide being at 12:32. After leaving Reversing Falls we will go to St Martins. That should put us there just before low tide so we can go walk out to the caves. After that go see the sights along the Fundy Trail. Then I was going to stop back to see how much the tide has risen in St Martins at the caves. From there we will head back to Saint John. I will be using a GPS so hopefully I will be able to find everything OK.

I have three questions about my plan:

• Are there specific addresses to plug into the GPS to help find the spots I listed above?
  • Would it be worthwhile to stop at Reversing Falls when we come back? I guess my question is will it have reversed and is it interesting enough to see twice?
  • Is there anything else we should see during this trip?

Thanks for any advice.

I would love to hear from some of the Saint John experts on what I am thinking about doing on our day there. My plan is to rent a car from Avis. Go to Reversing Falls. I would expect to get to Reversing Falls about 10:30 or 11:00 Atlantic Time with low tide being at 12:32. After leaving Reversing Falls we will go to St Martins. That should put us there just before low tide so we can go walk out to the caves. After that go see the sights along the Fundy Trail. Then I was going to stop back to see how much the tide has risen in St Martins at the caves. From there we will head back to Saint John. I will be using a GPS so hopefully I will be able to find everything OK.

I have three questions about my plan:

• Are there specific addresses to plug into the GPS to help find the spots I listed above?
  • Would it be worthwhile to stop at Reversing Falls when we come back? I guess my question is will it have reversed and is it interesting enough to see twice?
  • Is there anything else we should see during this trip?

Thanks for any advice.

1. 80 Big Salmon River Road, Saint Martins, NB The GPS takes you on Route #1 initially, although I think most Saint Johners would take "Loch Lomand Road"

2. I don't think it's worth your while leaving Saint John so late for the Reversing Falls - they are in fact rapids.

My humble suggestion is to pick up car, head to the Fundy Parkway in the morning - explore that. Back track to Saint Martins for around noon, enjoy world famous chowder at the restaurant on the beach overlooking the caves and then explore the caves at low-tide. Then not so rushed for time compared to your original itinerary, I would head back to Saint John to check out Reversing Falls. I suggest stopping at Fallsview Park along the way and zip line across the falls: http://www.saintjohnadventures.ca/

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I think I will follow your recommendation except for the ziplining. I did that in Costa Rica a few years ago and that was enough to last me a few more.

Archived