Altun Ha Mayan Site & River Wallace Tour~does it require alot of physical activity??

Hollyberry19

Hi,

I am cruising on Carnival leaving August 1st. I just have a question about the Altun Ha Mayan Site & River Wallace excursion in Belize, for anyone who has gone, how much physical activity is involved in this excursion? I am mildly physically disabled and use forearm crutches to walk. I am able to walk on uneven ground and up steep hills without a problem. Do you actually climb the ruins as a group? Or can you stay at the bottom if you choose? I just don't want to get seperated from the group if we climb it together. I am going with 4 friends so they will be there to help if needed. A majority of the excursions listed, have a disclaimer about physical activity, so it is hard to judge which ones I could do by the explainations.

Also is it difficult to get on and off the tour boat? Any more difficult than climbing on and off a tender boat? Any advice you have would be great! Thanks.

~Holly

There is NOT much physical activity involved. Getting on and off the boats are fairly easy, there are guides there that help you get on and off. There is a little bit of walking a few uneven surfaces, but nothing too extreme. You can choose to climb one of the ruins with the group, but if you do not want to then you can stay at the bottom. I went on this excursion last summer with my parents. My dad & I climbed to the top but my mom stayed at the bottom and even got to sit down. Have fun, I really liked this excursion!

Archived