How do you pack????

dollfan

We bought a collapsible luggage bag with little wheels at the gift shop on the Millennium a few years back .We pack on the bottom of my husbands suitcase. When we repack the last night of the cruise we put dirty clothes in it. Then his suitcase is empty so we can put in the stuff we bought in port. And he empties his carryon stuff too so we can put liquor bottles in his carry on. I always bring some bubble wrap. We usually get great prices on interesting liqueurs and things to bring back as presents. I ALWAYS bring a blow up ring to float around in the ocean. This year I am bringing my collapsible little shade tent. It is just a flat ring when closed. I attach two sarongs to the front and back with cute clothes pins from IKEA. One for the floor. I used this on the Oregon Coast this summer. It was fun to have my own private oasis. Good place to hide from vendors. I used this the first time when I got a bad sunburn and wanted to stay part of the time shade. This would be wonderful if you have small children and don't want them to get too much sun. Oh and always bring a collapsible cooler. If you ask the bar will give you ice. I like to spend a lot of time on the beach. Might as well be comfortable! :)

I am the worst packer, I usually pack almost everything I own!

At least you won't regret not packing your favorite things. :)

My husband and I pack in different rooms. His is total chaos for 7 hours because he has read on the boards that everything should go into ziplog bags. I personally am not worried about my underwear or socks wrinkeling. I pack my casual wear on the bottom, tees rolled up, socks and underwear in corners, and evening wear in drycleaning bags including hangers on top. Shoes find their own corners and eveing bags, cosmetics, and hair products have their own wheelaboard. For anything that might not have arrived in perfect condition, I bring along some Downy Wrinkle Release. I think that sometimes we overthink think the problem. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I found a great website with a four step packing light method. Just google it. It is geared for packing everything in a 22" carryon. I have yet to have wrinkled clothes. I am also thinking of sewing or buying a few dressy tops/skirts that are reversible. That would really help with keeping the packing at a minimum.

We put all of our folded items in zippered bags (sweater bags). They easily hold shorts, t-shirts, sweater sets, etc. I also use one for undies and one for swimwear. It's so easy to unpack. I just lift each bag out and put in in the drawer or on the shelf. Things never get wrinkled, stack perfectly. Dirty items are put in plastic bags and nothing ever get mixed in together. A Container Store has all the zippered bags. All hanging clothes are covered with plastic bags for each item also....We've never had to have anything pressed. I also have a great motto....."When In Doubt, Pack Everything"!!! It works for me, but drives my DH batty....

reading this back makes me sound soooo anal. I'm not at all, just organized.

Archived