Comfort Suites-mid November 2010 (Help)

TikkiTembo

I booked a room at Comfort Suites (CS) because the kids (8 & 12) are begging to go to Atlantis for the Aquaventure. Booking a room direct will save a little over $250 versus booking thru cruise ship. So here’s my question…WILL IT BE WORTH IT? We will be in Port from 8am to 10 pm; however, it’s my understanding that pretty much everything shuts down around 5:30pm and there will be five other ships in port that day. Since check-in at CS is not until 3pm, will we only have 2 hours at Atlantis? Or will Comfort allow guest to pick up their passes/wristbands earlier than the 3pm check in time? Also does it look strange to CS that we will be leaving the same day we check in? I’m sure others do it all the time but I don’t want to get embarrassed at check in. So I’m wondering will we even have enough time to enjoy Atlantis? Also, what time does it get dark in mid November? And will the temps be warm enough to even use the water park? I’m terrified of missing my transportation back to the ship.

I booked a room at Comfort Suites (CS) because the kids (8 & 12) are begging to go to Atlantis for the Aquaventure. Booking a room direct will save a little over $250 versus booking thru cruise ship. So here’s my question…WILL IT BE WORTH IT? We will be in Port from 8am to 10 pm; however, it’s my understanding that pretty much everything shuts down around 5:30pm and there will be five other ships in port that day. Since check-in at CS is not until 3pm, will we only have 2 hours at Atlantis? Or will Comfort allow guest to pick up their passes/wristbands earlier than the 3pm check in time? Also does it look strange to CS that we will be leaving the same day we check in? I’m sure others do it all the time but I don’t want to get embarrassed at check in. So I’m wondering will we even have enough time to enjoy Atlantis? Also, what time does it get dark in mid November? And will the temps be warm enough to even use the water park? I’m terrified of missing my transportation back to the ship.

We too are booking a room at CS for the Atlantis passes. From what other's have said here is that you do not have to wait till the 3pm check in time to get your wristbands for Atlantis. I think someone said they open at 9 or 10am? Also, many people check in and out at the same time and the CS staff are used to this so it won't be a problem. As far as the weather you might have to ask Scubagirl that question since she lives there. We are going mid-Oct. so I'm hoping it will be warm enough then. Have fun on your cruise!

You can check into Comfort Suites any time and get your bracelet at Atlantis towel hut any time after 9am. ROOMS are not available before 3pm, but that shouldn't be a problem. You can check in and check out at the same time, so you don't have to come back to CS.

It WILL get dark early in November. just as it does in the states.

November should be warm enough to enjoy.

Leave plenty of time to get back to the ship, the bridge starts to back up around 4:30 pm and the 10 minute ride can take the good part of an hour.

As for worth it.. only you can decide. it's a small waterpark and cost 300% more than the one you have near you home. You do the math.

You can check into Comfort Suites any time and get your bracelet at Atlantis towel hut any time after 9am. ROOMS are not available before 3pm, but that shouldn't be a problem. You can check in and check out at the same time, so you don't have to come back to CS.

It WILL get dark early in November. just as it does in the states.

November should be warm enough to enjoy.

Leave plenty of time to get back to the ship, the bridge starts to back up around 4:30 pm and the 10 minute ride can take the good part of an hour.

As for worth it.. only you can decide. it's a small waterpark and cost 300% more than the one you have near you home. You do the math.

Thanks a bunch, Scubagirrl! Your advice has been awesome. I think that since I can actually get on the property that early, I can say been there, done that with only a fraction of the cost it would be to actually vacation at Atlantis. So if we get there at 9 and leave by 4, I think I'll feel like I got my money's worth and my kids can cross Atlantis off their list. Again, thank you!

I'm concerned about all the extra charges at CS over and above the room charges, 40pp ex chg for 3rd and 4th person in room, anyone over 16 considered an adult, 12.5% energy charge, 5.00 pp housekeeping, then rm tax. I'm having a hard time figuring it all out. Has anyone actually stayed there who could tell me how much extra everything was? We will be there 11/4 with 2 adults, 1 - 15 yr old, 1 - 17 yr old cruising in on the Pride.Kathi

I'm concerned about all the extra charges at CS over and above the room charges, 40pp ex chg for 3rd and 4th person in room, anyone over 16 considered an adult, 12.5% energy charge, 5.00 pp housekeeping, then rm tax. I'm having a hard time figuring it all out. Has anyone actually stayed there who could tell me how much extra everything was? We will be there 11/4 with 2 adults, 1 - 15 yr old, 1 - 17 yr old cruising in on the Pride.Kathi

Here is an e-mail I sent.

--- On Thu, 7/15/10,

I have questions about your taxes/fees.

1. Is the tax 14% or 18%?

2. Is the 12.95 occupancy tax only for adults or are children charged as well?

3. I read that the 12.95 energy surcharge is adults only; is that correct or are children charged?

4. The housekeeping is $5 per per per day adults and children, correct?

Is that all the fees in addition to the room fee, or are there additional fees?

Thank you.

Here is the answer I received:

Thank you for your interest in Comfort Suites Paradise Island Bahamas .

1. Taxes and Service charges are as follows:-

Room Tax - 18% (from rate)

Energy Surcharge $12.95 Per person, per night (12 years and older)

Housekeeping Gratuity $5.00 Per person, per night (12 years and older)

Should you have any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours in Hospitality,

Hope that helps, although, I'm not sure how the 12.95 occupancy tax works, that wasn't adressed, just a the %

Yeah, that raised some concerns for me too. I booked the room thru hotels.com or expedia and it appears that what I was charged on my credit card includes all of those extra charges and taxes. We'll see because this is also the first time I booked thru one of those sites.

I just returned from a RCL cruise with a stay in Nassau. I booked a room at Comfort Suites for abotu $100 less than the cruise excursion. But more importantly, we had total access to the Atlantis grounds, not partial like what was offered through the cruise. We checked in early, left a bag of dry clothes at the hotel, spent the day at Atlantis, returned to the hotel, changed and went back to the ship. Many, many people do this. Comfort Suites didn't bat an eye. They get full price for a room they don't have to clean.

I just returned from a RCL cruise with a stay in Nassau. I booked a room at Comfort Suites for abotu $100 less than the cruise excursion. But more importantly, we had total access to the Atlantis grounds, not partial like what was offered through the cruise. We checked in early, left a bag of dry clothes at the hotel, spent the day at Atlantis, returned to the hotel, changed and went back to the ship. Many, many people do this. Comfort Suites didn't bat an eye. They get full price for a room they don't have to clean.

Thanks Jerseybeachmom. This is exactly what we are planning to do given the fact we may simply need a place to relax and to get away from crowds (since there will be five other ships in port that day.) That alone is making me second guess the whole Atlantis thing but, again, the kids really want to go there.

Thanks Jerseybeachmom. This is exactly what we are planning to do given the fact we may simply need a place to relax and to get away from crowds (since there will be five other ships in port that day.) That alone is making me second guess the whole Atlantis thing but, again, the kids really want to go there.

Don't second guess it for a second, it is worth every penny and then some...I also wouldn't call it a small waterpark...we travel to waterparks all of the time and this is hands down my favorite.

The park is usually crowded, but the lines move pretty fast, only time you will see crowds is at lunch and trying to find a beach chair...

We have gone here 4 times and going again in 4 weeks...we have gone in December and the air temp was a bit cooler, but not cold at all...

Don't second guess it for a second, it is worth every penny and then some...I also wouldn't call it a small waterpark...we travel to waterparks all of the time and this is hands down my favorite.

The park is usually crowded, but the lines move pretty fast, only time you will see crowds is at lunch and trying to find a beach chair...

We have gone here 4 times and going again in 4 weeks...we have gone in December and the air temp was a bit cooler, but not cold at all...

Thanks so much. This is what I needed to hear. I think this is the only "excursion" I'll pre-plan and play the rest by ear.

Archived