Anyone fly with soda in their checked luggage?

Talli

We flew back in September and had two bags of chips....while on the flight we heard this big bang...well sitting on the wing my DH who hates to fly started to panick...well it was the chips that burst. (LOL)

This happened to me on a recent flight - there was my 'bag of chips - next to me - looked like one of those mylar balloons - I could swear the bag kept getting bigger and bigger (and I was right)....then the loud pop - luckily I was sitting in the back with lots of empty rows and seats otherwise I'm sure someone would have freaked out (I swear it sounded like a gun shot!).

I would never change putting cans in my luggage esp of soda (all that 'fizz') -might work with water bottles tho if packed carefully?

Remember if you can't stop at the port on the way to the ship (and are not flying in day before) you can usually get soft drinks at your first 'port stop'! I remember getting off in Nassau and on the way back to the ship asked about a grocery store and was able to buy a 6 pack of soft drinks to bring onboard. Yes probably a bit more expensive than in Florida but still cheaper than onboard or a soda card and no issues about leakage!

My luggage is always close to the weight limit (no matter how hard I try to cut down!) so no way I would be able to add anything extra!

Why I don't do this ... because it's difficult to find a good black cherry soda in a lot of markets.

Same here, he HAS to have his Diet Dew like most folks have to have coffee. DIET Mt. Dew isn't always easy to find. Everyone has their own vice, that's his. so we do it. :rolleyes:

To each their own, ;)

Kat

Archived