Photo Gallery on the Oasis

Hi there,

I am hoping someone has been on the Oasis and can tell me more about their photo lab.

Is it true they no longer print the pictures to put up on their walls for you to find and now instead they use a face recognition computer program from your embarkation picture so that every picture taken of you is recognized by that program and put into an account and you just swipe your sea pass card at a kiosk and all of your pictures come up that way?

Is it true that you can purchase a photo book for $99 and put up to 25 of their pictures in it?

Does anyone know the current pricing of their photos?

Any information you can give me on the photo gallery would be great!

We are huge photo buffs and usually end up spending a lot on the photo purchases on board.

Thanks so much!!! :cool:

Hi there,

I am hoping someone has been on the Oasis and can tell me more about their photo lab.

Is it true they no longer print the pictures to put up on their walls for you to find and now instead they use a face recognition computer program from your embarkation picture so that every picture taken of you is recognized by that program and put into an account and you just swipe your sea pass card at a kiosk and all of your pictures come up that way?

Is it true that you can purchase a photo book for $99 and put up to 25 of their pictures in it?

Does anyone know the current pricing of their photos?

Any information you can give me on the photo gallery would be great!

We are huge photo buffs and usually end up spending a lot on the photo purchases on board.

Thanks so much!!! :cool:

Yes and no;)

Yes for they do use the face recognition software, but no for the not printing anymore. They still print those pics, but instead of having to search for them they put them into a folder. Those folders are numbered and you´ll have your number on your seapass card printed. BTW for the face recognition you need to have them take the welcome aboard pic before boarding.

The kiosks to swipe your card are for the photo books. Can´t help with price and number of pics. Only pic we had taken was the one before boarding and only because the insited on it because of the face recognition thing:rolleyes:

I will say I think the new way is a great idea but we had some problems with it. We were a group of 14 people and took our embarkation picture together. I'm not sure if this confused the issue but one person seemed to have all the pictures for our entire group in her folder while the rest of us had none or maybe one photo. We figured it out so it wasn't a problem but it did get a little confusing.

IIRC the pricing varies depending on the venue. Formal night pics are $19.99, and casual shots (at port, casual night dinners) are less.

I do know that once the ship is docked, the photo purchases have sales tax. I forgot to buy my photos until the morning of debarkation and learned that the hard way. This is only applicable the morning of debarkation, as the photo shop is not open while the ship is in any of the ports of call.

Yes you can purchase a book and add pictures, just make sure you take pictures everywhere. You can only add pictures that match the pages. As an example you can only put dining room pictures on the pages for the dining room, Costa Maya pictures on the Costa Maya pages, etc etc. So take pictures at every port, and where ever you see a camera on the ship, promenade, central park, dining room, sports deck, boardwalk etc etc. Most pictures will show up in your assigned book, but they still have pictures on the wall if the face recognition software doesn't work. I am not sure but I think if you give them the picture they add it to your book and then you can also use these in the Oasis photo book. You can also view your pictures on the kiosk with your sea pass card. I do not remember the prices of indiv pictures. HAVE FUN!

Archived