Carnival Freedom 11/5/10 - anybody else?

GaNavy

Hi everybody! I'm on Carnival Freedom for the 8-day Eastern itinerary leaving November 5. Any other family coming along?

I'm traveling by myself this trip (my third solo) so it would be fun to meet some new friends ahead of time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, aucruiser - So far we're the only ones here, but there will be family on the ship for sure. The last time I started a gay thread for a cruise, no one else ever posted, but we were certainly present on board. You don't say whether you've cruised together before, but if you haven't, I'll say that I've never had any issues at all with anyone on any of my cruises, whether I was by myself, with my partner, or with someone else.

I'm glad you signed on here - and I think I saw you post on the Roll Call board for this cruise in the last couple of days? This is going to be a great cruise - only 10 weeks to go!

If we keep posting here, we'll stay near the top of the list of threads - maybe more folks on this cruise will see us and join in.

Hi GaNavy! Thanks so much for the response. My partner and I have been on three other cruises, and we have never had a problem. This will be our first cruise "alone". We usually travel with another couple of friends. Twice with straight friends, and last year with some lesbian friends. I do not see any problems arising other than dinner. I would hate to be sat at a table with people who are not comfortable with gays. On one of the cruises, we eventually moved to a table for 4 from a table for 10 or 12 because some of the guests we asking to be moved. We were not asked to move, but requested it when we realized what was going on. Carnival could not have been any nicer. My partner and I are not big on PDA, but after 27 years together, it is obvious that we are a couple. HA! I just do not want to make anyone else uncomfortable or be uncomfortable myself and ruin the dining room experience. I enjoy it so. So, we are hoping to be sat at a table for 2, but who knows.

I have never been to a FOD meeting, only because I had no idea what it was! HA! But, we plan on going to meet as many people as we can. I just know that this cruise will be more exciting as the last. They always are!

Sorry to go on and on, but I love to talk. HA!

Hope to hear from you and others until we set sail. I get more and more excited every day!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, boys and girls, time to 'fess up!! There's 103 of you (as of now) who have read the 4 posts on this thread.... :cool: I'm betting at least one of you is coming on this cruise with us so in the words of the late great Jonny Olson (and the equally l.g. Rod Roddy), "COME ON DOWN" :D and say hi.

Hey, this is gonna be a great cruise, both aucruiser and me are on the RC for this trip over on the main Carnival Roll call board, and it's a nice bunch of folks. C.Freedom is a big ship, we can all use all the friends we can get.

And it's only 50 days away, can't wait!!

I agree with you GaNavy! We know you are out there, so join in. HA! 7 weeks from tonight, we will be on our way to Fort Lauderdale!!! My partner is so tired of hearing me talk about this cruise that I think he tunes me out. Don't get me wrong, he is excited.....just more subdued than me. Opposites attract sort of thing. Cannot wait to be on the ship, drink in hand, being with the one I love, and meeting new friends!:D

Come on people....where are you! Don't be shy. HA! :p

My partner and I are so excited to be on this cruise. This is our first cruise in the fall. All of the other cruises have been in the summer. Looking forward to some comfortable weather, good time, and a few drinks to help in the matter!

Come on people....where are you! Don't be shy. HA! :p

My partner and I are so excited to be on this cruise. This is our first cruise in the fall. All of the other cruises have been in the summer. Looking forward to some comfortable weather, good time, and a few drinks to help in the matter!

Good job, aucruiser, for pointing out what our visiting non-posters (much nicer than "lurkers") are missing! Y'all really need to come join the fun..... out of the closets and onto the lido!!!

You might also add that there will be a lot fewer kids at this time of year - probably around 300 or so compared to the 1100-1200 that are common on summer cruises on ships this big. I know this might be a downer for folks wanting to bring kids along, but I honestly confess that I'm not a big fan of young children as all the available attention seems to be channeled in their direction and us grown-ups can just get used to it - surely a single person without kids is just as worthy of being catered to as someone with a family. Last year, C.Freedom was packed with kids - most were very well behaved but it only takes a few to ruin the reputations of everyone else.

Excited, yes!! Nice weather (November is miserable in the mid-Atlantic), new friends, a couple of island adventures (and maybe a couple on the ship too), and oh those beverages - I'm particularly partial to Ultimate Suntan, but the ultimate video froofroo drink has to be Miami Vice.

Barkeep, may I have one of each, PLEASE??? :D:eek::D:o

LOL...you are too funny GaNavy. I understand your feelings about children, but have to be honest and say that I have never been bothered at all by them while on the cruise. My partner says that is because I am a teacher. HA! Do not get me wrong, I steer clear of the kids when on vacation. I hope I do not start getting hate emails for saying that. HA!

The obnoxious teenagers are another story. I have had the experience of raising two, and know what I am talking about. HA! Hard to believe that I was once one of them. I try to remember that when having to deal with the "drama".

Sorry to ramble. Anyway, I plan on having a wonderful cruise no matter who is on the ship. The most important thing is that WE will be on the ship.:D

Oh, aucruiser, I'm sure you were NEVER an obnoxious teenager, and even if you were, I bet you weren't operating at the levels currently seen... And the kids I've encountered on my cruises have generally been well behaved, just a little more numerous than I'd prefer on vacation. I wonder if kids on cruises actually unplug - they pretty much did on Freedom last summer, but who knows (though mom & dad might put the kids' phones on lockdown to avoid the roaming charges).

So we're down to 6 weeks to go... and up to more than 200 views of our thread, hope y'all will feel free to join in - if you're on this cruise, six weeks from right now (see time stamp) you might be eating lunch onboard and having a cold one.... sounds pretty good, huh? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, our visitors are now >300.

Freedom pax = 2974 X 10 percent family = 297 + one of the Q in 'LGBTQ' (accounting for the .4) on our cruise....

So this MUST mean that every family traveler on this cruise has visited our thread at least once!! A-HA! Come out come out, wherever you are... you don't even have to use your real name! :D

Just teasing, everybody! We know you're out there, hope you're as excited as aucruiser and me, and I sure hope to see you on board.

Have a great weekend!

I hope there are others who may not be on CC that will join us for the fun! Maybe they are shy?:confused: LOL Oh well, the fun will still occur. I cannot wait to get on that ship, grab a drink, and let the adventure begin. I have never had a bad cruise experience, so do not expect anything less this time....no matter how many "cruise scrooges" keep posting.:p 14 days from tonight, we will be preparing to leave for Fort Lauderdale! Final shopping will happen this weekend (I think):D.

• 2 weeks later...
With only one week to go, I guess I can just hope that there will be more family on board who do not visit this site. Oh well, I am going to have a BLAST anyway! Drop a line if you are on this ship. Let's get this boat a rockin!!!!:D:D

We'll have a great time, aucruiser, and as for the 500+ visits we've had to this thread.......I hope you're coming with us, 'cause it's gonna be a great time!

Hope we see you on the ship!

Archived