Galveston - Luggage Drop

dna1990

We tend to use Lighthouse - we park, load bags on shutttle and ride over.

But thinking this time (assuming the drive-up line is slim), we pull into terminal and drop bags first. This eliminates the loading/unloading onto Lighthouse's shuttle...? We have a larger party this time and a lot of bags...

Make sense, or is the luggage dropoff line too cumbersome and Lighthouse shuttles have some advantage for getting both us and our bags to the dock?

We've done this before, although we don't use lighthouse. We live on the island and wanted to take our luggage to the ship first, but go back home and hang out before getting on the ship later. We actually just walked to the port from our house with our carryons. The line wasn't long at all. It went really quickly. We were there pretty early...10:30-11:00ish I think. I'd consider it if I were you. That way, if you want to hang around downtown after you park your car, you have that option without all the baggage.

We tend to use Lighthouse - we park, load bags on shutttle and ride over.

But thinking this time (assuming the drive-up line is slim), we pull into terminal and drop bags first. This eliminates the loading/unloading onto Lighthouse's shuttle...? We have a larger party this time and a lot of bags...

Make sense, or is the luggage dropoff line too cumbersome and Lighthouse shuttles have some advantage for getting both us and our bags to the dock?

we always do this.... just works best for us...

If you drop off luggage prior to parking to you Have to leave a person with the luggage while you go park? My passenger is 8 years old so can't be left with luggage.

I believe this to be true, dropping off the luggage first is probably not an option for you, but it might be a new experience for the 8 year old to ride the bus back to the terminal....wht you of course!!! lol

I believe this to be true, dropping off the luggage first is probably not an option for you, but it might be a new experience for the 8 year old to ride the bus back to the terminal....wht you of course!!! lol

You just drop the luggage off at the terminal with a porter and then your bags are checked in at that time. No one has to stay with the bags until you get back to the terminal!

Archived