Ft. Lauderdale - Hampton Inn @2301 SW 12th Ave.

VaCruzers

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with this location? We'll just have one quick overnight pre-cruise. Arriving FLL around 7:30 PM, then off to Pt. Everglades the next AM. Anywhere within walking distance for dinner? Thanks for any replies.

We stayed there last Sunday night. (See reply on other thread).

Within walking distance was the Mcdonalds, Wendys, a chinese place, pizza, Subway, dunkin donuts. All those were in the strip mall next door/across the street. A little further away at the other end of the strip mall across marina mile rd was a restaurant, Heidelburg. I would have loved to try it if we had time, but didn't notice it until we were on our way out.

Su

BobbieSu - Thanks for your replies on both threads. I didn't mean to post in duplicate, but after adding my question to the end of the other thread, I realized that it might not get noticed as a specific inquiry about a specific location. Thanks again. Unless I can find a better rate thru Hotwire for a "known" location, I think we will stay with this since it does include shuttle from airport & to cruise port plus our breakfast.

HI.. we stayed at this Hampton last year and again on Jan. 27 this year pre-cruise. It was a great place. They were very quick to come and get us at the airport and when you book in you sign up for the shuttle time that you want the next day. Breakfast was also very good. We ate both nights at the Heidelburg restaurant across the main street and had very good German schnitzels. The hotel also has other restaurant menus that the shuttle would take you to and pick you up. I don't know if there is a cost involved or not. We would definitely choose to stay here again. This year we flew down but last year drove and left our car there for the 10 days. The shuttle came promptly to get us after the cruise.

Cheri:)

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone - just wanted to post a follow up about our stay at this hotel. It was EXCELLENT! We were picked up at the airport within 15 minutes of calling them & the airport traffic was horrendous so that was quite prompt IMO. Check in was a breeze ,the staff was super friendly. The shuttle driver recommended a restaurant, Rendevouz, I think, & offered to drive us there. After we checked in, we took him up on it & had a lovely meal on the water. We had not arrived until about 7:30 PM so all the early shuttle times were booked & we were offered 12:45. (This is a free shuttle to the pier & free shuttle from the airport & free anywhere with 5 miles of hotel.) I replied that I had wanted to arrive at the pier earlier & asked if I should call a cab or if they arranged that. They jotted down my name, room number & the time I wanted to leave (10:15 AM) & by the time we came back from dinner, we were told to be in the lobby about 10:10 AM & they would shuttle us. Now, if they were charging, I can understand how they might make a special trip, but this was a free shuttle so I thought it was pretty outstanding. The rooms were clean, the breakfast area very clean & well stocked & free internet access in the lobby. We paid $89 & tipped the shuttle drivers each time, but I still think we got a great deal considering all transportation & breakfast was included. Also, in the morning we walked over to the Winn Dixie (just across a side street) so that is also convenient for anyone wanting to pick up water or forgotten items. I can't recommend this place enough. It is also referred to as Hampton Inn FLL Airport North. Hope this helps someone.

Hi Debbie.. Glad you enjoyed this Hampton Inn as much as we did! It certainly fits the bill for a pre-cruise night and our experience with the staff was the same as yours. They went out of their way to be of assistance. I want to start a holiday on a good note and want to stay in a nice place.. we were very pleased here too! Hope your cruise was terrific!

Cheri:)

vacruisers we stay @amerisuites in fl. around 100. get free breakfast, a ride to &from pier. &u can park your car free while cruising. ther is amexican rest &outback very close. also a nice funky bar across the main st in a little shopping area. we enjoy that before a cruise. have fun

Archived