9/4/2010 Enchantment of the Seas to Bermuda help

Hello,

My family (myself, husband and 8 year old daughter) are booked on the Enchantment of the seas to Bermuda on 9/4. We picked it because I love to cruise but hate flying. Anyway our 25th wedding anniversary will occur while we are there on the formal night (timed that well). I am looking for any tips you can give me on the cruise ship as well as Bermuda. I really want to make this a pleasureable trip for all of us (I worry all of the time).

Oh, this is our 4th cruise and my daughter's first. She is very well behaved and is looking forward to it. I want to make sure she has enough to do.

Thank you,

Nancy

We have been on the Enchantment 2 times in the Caribbean and will be going on it again on 8/21 to Bermuda. My husband and I are traveling with our 10 yr. old son and have had every type of room from the Owner's suite to the lowest inside. I can tell you this ship and itinerary is great, but I would suggest, if you are able, to get the largest room that you can possibly afford. My husband and I don't mind the inside room when it's just the two of us, (actually we love that we can be dark at any time just by turning off the lights,) but cruising with a child is totally different. This cruise is only in Bermuda for a little over 24 hrs and the rest is on the ship. The ship is great, but there is no ice skating, or johnny rockets, or mini golf like on Explorer to Bermuda from Cape Liberty. My biggest suggestion is to spring for the biggest room you can since you are not in port for most of the trip. When you go on cruises with ports just about every day, the size of the room doesn't seem to matter as much, but when you have a child and 4 sea days, the walls close in!!! The bungees are fun too!!! Adventure Ocean is ok, as well as the small arcade, but they seem to make do. Pool deck is awesome. Have fun!! My son's first cruise was in an Owner's suite on Voyager to Bermuda. I guess that was my first mistake. His next, was in an inside room on Majesty. He wanted to know where the rest of it was!! We got a Grand Suite this cruise and it will definitely help with tensions by day 4 if you know what I mean. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on a dozen Royal Caribbean ships and my experience has been that the programs for kids are GREAT. They divide the kids up by age group and my two always enjoyed that the activities were geared to their age, and not "babyish." We are going on Enchantment near the end of this month but our kids are 17 and 21 now, but seasoned cruisers! They love cruising and I don't remember them ever being bored when they were younger and at sea. We never had a suite either. If your daughter has some favorite DVDs she likes to watch, you might bring a portable DVD player so she can do so in the cabin if she wants to. That's what we did with our daughter and it was great during times when there was an activity she didn't feel like doing.

Archived