Swedes are coming navigator jan/2/05

MrZ

Just a few questions since my wife & I are going on our first cruise.

I am a little bit curious about the weather, What can we expect?

Since we are travelling from Sweden we will most likely buy some tax free vine and alcohol, do we need to leave that to the cruise line as we embark?

Cheers for now.

The cruise line policy is that passengers are not allowed to bring their own alcohol on board the ship. This policy is in place because alcohol is very cheap in many Caribbean ports and people would buy alcohol while on shore to consume on the ship instead of buying drinks from the ship. If they are enforcing the policy they will take your alcohol purchases from you when you board the ship and give them back to you the last night of the cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

O.K. Thanks for quick reply on this, How about the weather. Since januay is a very cold month where we live in Sweden (Can get down to 20-25 below zero celsius) we really look forward to warm winds.

We also come from a cold winter climate, Iowa. We also cruise during January and leave from Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We will be Cruising on the Navigator of the Seas back to back on January 2, 2005 and the January 8th 2005 cruise.

I would suggest bringing a light jacket or possibly some sweaters. The temp can be a little chilly in Miami in the evening and warm during the day. Most of the time in Miami the highs in January are anywhere from low seventies to mid 80's. On occasion it will drop in the 60's.

On board ship, while the ship is moving midnight strolls might required the light jacket or the sweater.

In the caribbean, it will be warm to hot, so shorts and short leave shirts are most commom during the morning and afternoon hours.

Hope this helps you out.

NOS 01/02/05 and 01/08/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;01;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just booked the 2-Jan-05 Navigator cruise..... icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, anyone have a good Pre-cruise hotel for 2 days? We are thinking of flying into FT. Lauderdale since it is cheaper. Again anyone know how far the Miami port is FLL. BTW I like Priceline if anyone has a favorite on there. Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Navigator Leaves For the Eastern Caribbean

Summit May 2004 (Panama Canal)

Archived