Oct. 8th Ruby Princess,Venice to Ft Laud.

cruisey69

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Hal and Rob and cruisey69

Have you all printed out your luggage tags? They seem pretty flimsy so I probably won't put them on till we get to the ship. We are looking forward to meeting all of you. Surely there will be a few more to add to our FOD's.

Robert ;)

I was reading on the other tread some were lananting them but I will wait till we get to Venice I think.

You know of any nice reasonibly priced restraunts close to St Marks?

The other 2 times we just wondered around and tried different ones.

You know there will be other FOD on there.LOL Plus I would think some from Ft Lauderdale and Maimi since it is coming here.

I was checking BA can't believe we only get 1 checked bag:eek:

All these cut backs are ridiculous. Having to print your own luggage tags seems silly to me as does charging to check luggage. Several of the last flights I have taken filled all the over head space before everyone boarded causing many to gate check their carry on. I have also noticed many people exceed the carry on requirements.

As far as restaurants go the farther you get from tourist attractions the prices seem to go down a bit. I shouldn't admit this but the last time I was there one night we even ate at a Burger King. I know you are laughing but it was good and it was cheep.

Rex and I will be there for 6 nights so we plan on wandering the various neighborhoods and eating wherever we are. Remember they post menus so there will be no surprises. On my last visit we did eat at a Grand Canal restaurant and I am sure it couldn't have been too expensive as one of the guys we were with was very frugal.

Robert

Last time we were there we did the same and I am alittle (cheap) also. Saves money for the next trip.LOL We ate at one of those sandwich stands and I got sick as a dog for 2 days. No more of that.

Yeah BA says one checked bag:eek: Thought about using princess bag ship but we never did that before

In the past we covered the tags we printed with clear packing tap and taped them to the checked bags. Worked fine! The ship also supplies the string-type luggage tags at the pier before you board. Just write your cabin # on them.

We will have been on from Barcelona, so we'll sweep the ship for other Gays before you arrive. I'm sure there will be plenty - if not it will still be a wonderful cruise.

Hi Guys

Hal and Rob

When do you board in Barcelona? I thought the 16 night segment would be long but you must be on the ship for 3-4 weeks. That sounds fantastic.

Has anybody booked any tours for the transatlantic portion? Rex is not fond of the big bus cruise line tours and prefers smaller more private tours. He has found a company that books 6-15 passenger private guided tours and the prices are equivalent to the cruise line tours. If anyone is interested I will forward the information.

I am a heavy packer but Rex insists he will only take one suitcase. I guess I had better check what Delta's baggage allowance is or maybe I should just bite the bullet.

Robert

Since we have been to all the ports, 2 times we only book 2 things. train to Rome then on our own and in Barcelona going to Maroserrat (sp) To see the black virgin . I married one (20yrs ago:p)and we went last time but I was too sick to enjoy the day trip for looking for a bathroom.:eek: LOL

He loves to pack heavy also, dress up for dinner and BA says one bag each and only 50lb. I thought about using the princess service I believe it is 90.00 per bag.

Are you guys in a balconly room? Are you Elite or Platinum?

Won't be long

Hi Guys

Hal and Rob

When do you board in Barcelona? I thought the 16 night segment would be long but you must be on the ship for 3-4 weeks. That sounds fantastic.

Robert

We board in Barcelona on the 25th of Sept. for the 12 day segment.

We've been to all the ports before and are looking forward to revisiting and relaxing.

Since we have been to all the ports, 2 times we only book 2 things. train to Rome then on our own and in Barcelona going to Maroserrat (sp) To see the black virgin . I married one (20yrs ago:p)and we went last time but I was too sick to enjoy the day trip for looking for a bathroom.:eek: LOL

He loves to pack heavy also, dress up for dinner and BA says one bag each and only 50lb. I thought about using the princess service I believe it is 90.00 per bag.

Are you guys in a balconly room? Are you Elite or Platinum?

Won't be long

The dressiest we ever get is a sport jacket with an open shirt . . . has never been a problem in any dining room.

Hal and I are in an inside on the first segment and could get an upgrade for the second; if not - no big deal.

On past cruises we've been in everything from a Penthouse to an Inside. . . . as long as we're on a ship traveling. We are Platinum on this cruise line.

The Roll Call board is now atwitter due to reports of a group of 90+ gay men boarding the TA. LOL! You shall have company, my friends. :D

The web site for the group on the roll call is as follows: http://sites.google.com/site/fehsersafloat/home. Feel free to join us.

Just over 30 days until the adventure begins!

The Roll Call board is now atwitter due to reports of a group of 90+ gay men boarding the TA. LOL! You shall have company, my friends. :D

The web site for the group on the roll call is as follows: http://sites.google.com/site/fehsersafloat/home. Feel free to join us.

Just over 30 days until the adventure begins!

Thanks Gina,

We are members of the roll call. I read about the Prime Timers group. Have run into them on previous cruises; looking forward to meeting them at our LGBT meetings. To bad they don't board the 26th of Sept. when we do. I'm surprised they haven't posted on this site - probably not aware of CC. . .

19 days until our adventure.

Hal & Rob

<P><FONT size=4>Hi Judy and Gina</FONT></P>

<P><FONT size=4></FONT> </P>

<P><FONT size=4>I am sure we are all going to have a great cruise experience.    Can you believe how lucky Rob and Hal are to be on the Ruby for a total of 4 weeks.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT size=4>I don't remember who ask but I am platinum and in a balcony at the stern of the ship.    I have never been in the rear but we are just one floor below the buffet which could be convenient.    Yikes!    That could be dangerous.    I love big breakfasts but seldom have one at home.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT size=4>Rob and Hal, I hope you get upgraded but like you I have stayed in all categories and it really dosen't matter to me where my cabin is.    Balconies are nice in warm weather but for this cruise I doubt that we will use it much.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT size=4>Robert</FONT></P>

Hurray to Rob and Hal for finally pushing us over to page 2.

Thanks for the info on the prime timers group. You said they were a fun group so it will be great to have them aboard. The FOD's/GLBT's should be great fun.

Rex is still insisting on only taking one suitcase which is really smart since we will be schlepping our luggage from the boat dock to our hotel. The last time I went there we arranged for a private water taxi to take us directly to the hotel but since there were 8 of us it wasn't too expensive.

Princess has laundry rooms on there ships. Does anyone take advantage of these? I have but only once.

Robert;)

Hurray to Rob and Hal for finally pushing us over to page 2.

Thanks for the info on the prime timers group. You said they were a fun group so it will be great to have them aboard. The FOD's/GLBT's should be great fun.

Rex is still insisting on only taking one suitcase which is really smart since we will be schlepping our luggage from the boat dock to our hotel. The last time I went there we arranged for a private water taxi to take us directly to the hotel but since there were 8 of us it wasn't too expensive.

Princess has laundry rooms on there ships. Does anyone take advantage of these? I have but only once.

Robert;)

Considering we'll be B2B the laundry room will come in handy. You'll see me in there beating my cloths on the rock.

Only 2 more wks left for us. We'll try to arrange for some cage dancers for the GLBT meetings when y'all get on board. :D

A02z_006_Cage07.jpg

Archived