Oct. 8th Ruby Princess,Venice to Ft Laud.

cruisey69

We spent alot of time over the years in princess laundry rooms. LOL Mostly Blake did, he is the one that irons,I am the wash and wear type. LOL

Thanks to over 15 cruises on princess we get ours done free!! We finally got our 16th cruise last year and I made sure everything we had dirty was sent in and back so when we got home all I had to do was put it away!!!!!

We fly out of Maimi on the 5th not long<G>

Paul

Hey Rob and Hal, I like the idea of cage dancers for our gatherings! Does this mean you are going to volunteer for the spotlight. You might get good tips for your bar bill.

Cruisey 69

Now we have names for you guys...Blake and Paul. I said I have only used the laundry once but actually I use the ironing board lots. Blake I'm with you on the subject of ironing. How wonderful that now you can have the ship do your laundry and pressing. I may never reach that level.

Palm Springers

Are you on this cruise with us or were you merely providing information? I hope you will be sailing with us.

Robert

Hey Rob and Hal, I like the idea of cage dancers for our gatherings! Does this mean you are going to volunteer for the spotlight. You might get good tips for your bar bill.

Robert

I did get very big tips once. That was at a job I had circumcising elephants. The pay wasn't good but boy those tips were big. :eek:

Hal and Rob

You have a great sense of humor. I like your wit.

Paul and Blake

If you fly out on the 5th, where are you staying in Venice?

Rex and I are staying at Hotel Ateneo which is next to the opera house and just 10 minutes west of Plaza San Marco.

Robert

Where is that up grade fairy??:mad: Should be waving that wand soon:p

You know this is the first time out of over 50 cruises my post has got more than one page.LOL Usually lucky to get one or two postings.

I gave up and paid $48.00 to have an extra bag. It is better than $60.00 when you get to the airport. Blake needs all his clothes and shoes, I need my coffee (starbucks)and coffeemaker.

Paul and Blake

I checked out Hotel Bauer and it looks FABULOUS! Our Hotel is on a canal but not THE canal. It's time to start getting out clothes and to see what I can do without. Afterall, is underwear really necessary! :eek:

Robert

Leave the underwear home and take the sling, Crisco and vibrator instead.

We leave this Sat. See you on board.

Hal and Rob

I can see the "party" is going to be in your room!!!!:eek:

Rex and I will arrive in Venice Oct 3rd so we will have 5 nights to explore before the cruise. Rex wants to go to Padua for a day trip on the train. It should be fun. We booked the Hotel Ateneo ourselves as I had stayed there 4 years ago with a group of friends. It is lovely and in a good central location. The rooms are small, as are most in Venice, but the walls are upholstered in damask and the rooms are illuminated with Murano chandeliers.:p

Less then 2 weeks....Hurray!

Robert

Is this a safe group to socialize with? I attempted to pay extra to upgrade to the reduced balcony rates and princess would not do it. So I will be in an inside for the first time. It's tough when you are traveling single. :( Paul here

Hi Paul and welcome aboard! I have had inside cabins several times and it never bothered me as I am seldom in my room. Of course we are a safe group to socialize with. What are your dining arrangements? I have always preferred late dining so I can have a leisurely shower, shave and a cocktail before dinner.

And to Paul and Blake cruisey 69 I only have one thing to say:

Gentlemen, gird your loins!:D

Robert and Rex

Hey Paul welcome aboard:o

I was just playing don't ever take me too seriously<G> When you see me you will know I couldn't pay someone to rape me.:eek:LOL

We were on one cruise years ago and there was a group of older guys from Settle. They were alot of fun and most had been together for years.

When you do the single booking the cruiseline always messes with you. Did your TA ask for a upgrade? We do the open booking in catagory and then they almost always give us a nice upgrade. Blake smokes so we have to have a balcony. We lucked out and got moved from AE to an AB.

We do the buffet most of the time cause I do the Adkins diet thing as much as I can.I am a meat eater.<G>

Yes, it was marked for an upgrade. I made the mistake of booking this one in advance. The last 2 TA's I booked probably 8 weeks out and got good rates based on having to pay double. This one I booked in May while I was on the Crown Princess. (Big mistake.) Balconies dropped to $400 more pp than I had paid for an inside guaranty. My TA told them I would pay the $800 to upgrade and they wouldn't do it.

I'm sure I will survive in my inside.

Next time I go back to booking last minute.

Hey Paul

We booked last year on our cruise also. I thought that meant we were always given the best price ( Guess that is Princess listed price). In the past if they came out with a lower price they gave it to us,but the TA had to handle it. We were allowed to pay to get a min suite once I seen the price had dropped cause we booked baloncy lowest catagory and we went back on catagory guarantee . Plus we got the on board credit. Well maybe you will get a surprise at dock. Keep on the TA the squeeky wheel get the upgarade!!

Archived