Scuba in Roatan, 2 tank or dolphin?

I have done the 2 tank dive last september. I have to say it was really good. Only downside was that the water wasn't as clear as Cozumel. However, water was warmer and saw alot of sea life. ALOT OF TURTLES AND GROUPERS. Only reason we got out of the water was we ran out of air. LOL. Now having said that I think it would be great to dive with a dolphin. To an extent diving is the same. Yes, you see fish and other creatures you don't normally see in every day life, but how often will you get to dive with a dolphin that is trained and will swim right up to you. I WISH I WAS GOING BACK TO ROATAN. I would DEFINITLEY go diving with the dolphin. I hope people will understand what I typed before, about diving being the same. I know there are different types of diving. How often do you dive with a trained dolphin.

I have done the 2 tank dive last september. I have to say it was really good. Only downside was that the water wasn't as clear as Cozumel. However, water was warmer and saw alot of sea life. ALOT OF TURTLES AND GROUPERS. Only reason we got out of the water was we ran out of air. LOL. Now having said that I think it would be great to dive with a dolphin. To an extent diving is the same. Yes, you see fish and other creatures you don't normally see in every day life, but how often will you get to dive with a dolphin that is trained and will swim right up to you. I WISH I WAS GOING BACK TO ROATAN. I would DEFINITLEY go diving with the dolphin. I hope people will understand what I typed before, about diving being the same. I know there are different types of diving. How often do you dive with a trained dolphin.

Where do you dive with dolphins, we were looking at swimming with the dolphin but don't like the idea of how they are taken out of there own natural habitat. we will be in roatan in oct.

I did a dive with Anthony's Resort several years ago...and the worst part of it was when the Dive Master said "Gee, too bad you guys weren't here yesterday...we saw whale sharks". Golly....thanks. :)

I would dive in Roatan again in a heart beat. We did a couple fabulous drift dives and saw an abundance of fish. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Note the words "trained dolphin." I snorkled with the dolphins in Hawaii (Kona) last October but in the ocean, not in a pen or a lagoon. They were free to go when they wanted and we would swim with them in various bays our boat took us to. I was told by the tour operator dolphin's do not like divers because they create bubbles, but I'm no dolphin expert. It was, however, an incredible experience. My husband will be diving in Roatan the first week in November through our cruise ship excursion, but it won't be the dolphin dive. A local dive shop said Roatan is amazing as is Grand Cayman and Cozumel!

I think it said trained dolphin. I am not sure. NEVER did this. I still think it would be cool, whether trained or not to swim with dolphin. Just like it would be cool to do a shark feeding dive. I'm not saying I WOULD FEED them, but I know they do exist. Just looked it up AKR. It doesn't say trained dolphins. So its my mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived