Question about the Solstice for a solo traveler

cricri7

Hi.....I am looking for a cruise on the Solstice leaving from Fort Lauderdale on August 15th. I only did 3 cruises this far and always had a cabin mid-ship. I never had even 1 second of sea sickness on those 3 cruises, even when the ship was having a mind of its own, and some of the cabins available are on the front of the ship. They are located on Sunrise and Vista deck and was wondering why people did not jump on those cabins even if they, in my mind, have a spectacular view.

What do you guys think?

I also have another question about inside versus oceanview. The insides are listed as being bigger than oceanview. For around the same price...what is better....oceanview on the front or inside on sky deck in the back of the ship?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I have done two cruises on Solstice. One was the second to last cabin along the side going aft. The second was within two cabins of the end of the hallway going forward. Both were balconies. There were reasonably heavy seas on the first night of the first cruise, but generally calm the other 19 nights. I never felt the slightest bit of seasickness.

I can not comment on the size of the various cabins. I was booked for an inside cabin on the second cruise, but was able to upgrade to a balcony for the TA for next to nothing within two weeks of departure. Just lucky, I guess. My guess from my research at the time, is that the size, shape, and layout of the inside rooms can vary a fair bit to fit them into available space. I think some of the forward facing cabins my have an angled wall with the window being in a dormer like space. That would not appeal to me because it would break up the space.

Archived