Empress Cabins!!

Sally1J

Hi All!!

I am new to these boards and relatively new to cruising. Myself and DH are joining Empress of the Seas on 14th Feb for her 11 night sailing from Puerto Rico. To say I am excited is an understatement! This is our 3rd cruise in as many years.

I have a few differnet queries that I hope you can all help me with.

We have a Catagory F cabin, 9174, which is under the Viking Crown.... do you think it will be very noisey? Does anyone know anything about this cabin?

Also, we are booked into the Hilton Caribe for 3 nights pre-cruise, can anyone recomend any good restaurants close by?

And finally!! Diamond shopping! Can anyone recomend where I could go on this itinery to find a top quality certified diamond??

Many thanks in Advance.

Sally

Oh, and does anyone know how I can help protect myself against this sickness bug which is doing the rounds. I know that Empress has been affected. I have hand sanatiser, pepto bismal etc etc packed and will be extra carefull about hygine but wondered if anyone else had any tips???

Thanks Again!!!

Hi Sally!

The first time we were on the Empress we were in a cabin in the area that you are in. Yes, there was some noise from the Viking Crown, but I don't remember it being awful. We have bought some very nice jewelry in St. Maarten. I would say that would be your best bet for jewelry shopping. And by all means....keep washing those hands. We sail on the 14th of March. Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton last year - we loved the hotel and the grounds are very nice - however, it is somewhat isolated and there are not any resturants or bars within walking distance - and we walked a long way looking for something. You are stuck with the hotel's resturants and bars or you will need to take a taxis to the Condado area.

Archived