Opinions Needed: Earliest Flight Out

shaunankc

Hi All - I need an opinion. I'm attempting to find flights for my return trip off of a Celebrity cruise in December. I believe the cruise returns to port at 6 am. For those who have been through the San Juan airport, what is the earliest I could safely schedule a flight out? So, what's the earliest you have ever gotten to the airport after disembarking?

Thanks for all the advise!

--Shauna

The last time we were in San Juan we were sitting in the airport at 10am but.... everything went our way that morning. We did a walk-off (on Princess) and immediately were able to get a taxi to the airport.

I am still hesitant to book a flight that early because of all the unknowns that could happen, such as not pulling into port on time, not getting cleared by customs (although how often does that happen?) or some other unforeseen screw-up.

This year we've decided to stay overnight when we return and fly out the next morning.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

My TA recommended booking a return flight no earlier than 1200 hrs. This was for a Princess cruise that docked at 0700 hrs. On our winter '09 cruise, the lineups at the port to get a taxi and at the airport to check in were astoundingly long.

Archived