Norwegian Star repositioning - 5/8/05

oceanvoyager

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I hope there is some information about shore excursions since the NCL website does not have anything. We are pretty much settled on plans for San Francisco and Seattle, but we would like more info for the other ports.

I just read a post from someone who just got back from the Star and it was not too good. She stayed in the same category penthouse that we booked and did not have great things to say. I hope we will have a more pleasant experience. :rolleyes: Regardless, I am sure it will be more exciting than sitting here preparing income taxes. :(

I am counting down the days! :D

Kevin,

If you ask 2000 passengers disembarking a ship for their opinions, you'll get 2000 different answers. I take reviews with a grain of salt because we each embark with our own set of expectations, experiences, preferences and mindset.

The shore excursions have been on the website for a couple of weeks now. Go to http://www.ncl.com/shorex/index.htm# and then click on Pacific Coastal.

Warren

Warren,

Thanks for the info on excursions. I did not think they were going to add the Pacific Coast excursions to their web site based on a telephone conversation with NCL a few weeks ago. Amazing, it seems the people on cruisecritic know more than some of the NCL staff.

hey Warren,

I just got off an NCL cruise a few weeks ago with 5 of my friends for Spring Break and I assure you, the information we found on here was much more helpful, and people answered our questions consistantly, as opposed to calling NCL where we got a different answer EACH time (I am serious- I think they were making some of it up)

Despite a weak customer service line, we all had a great time, found that the cruiseline itself was extremely gay-friendly, there were many socials onboard (called Friends of Dorothy socials) and we met a great group of guys. Well, some of them were a little too direct for my liking, but that is a whole seperate story!

Also, I would recommend checking out some of the dancers and entertainment staff... they're friendly, gorgeous, and can give you great tips as to places you might not hear to visit when you're onshore.. plus they're lusty and a blast to hang out with! (We went out every one of the 7 nights, managed to get to certain crew only areas, such as their disco... it was all very "Dirty Dancing"!)

Have a great trip, and let me know if there's anything I Can answer!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

We did the Star in December to the Mexican Riviera and had a ball.

If they don't have any FOD party planned, simply ask the cruise Director and it will be taken care of.

We stayed in an Owners Suite, paid big bucks but worth it. The staff has lots of family, just look around and you will see. We had a great time on the Star...it is a beautiful ship and we had lots of fun experienceing all the restaurants.

Don't miss the Tempenyaki Bar, it's truly wonderful.

We are going on a repositioing cruise as well, however, we are doing Celebrity's Summit for a change of pace. We leave from San Diego on May 6th and I think we will be in one of the ports with the Star somewhere along the way.

Most important, don't listen to all those stupid reviews you read....some people just have one thing go wrong and then rip apart the whole cruise. The Star is different than others because of the Freestyle but you knew that before you booked so don't get pissed when you have to pay extra. The few extra bucks is well worth what you get. Cagneys was one of our favorites and our FOD parties (3) were held in the bar next to Cagney's....very nice, top of the ship and too far away for all the old timers.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Have a Ball Guys or two!!!

Howard.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived