Sailing with a toddler on Oasis....

We are sailing on the Oasis this fall with our DD2 and haven't been on an RCL cruise in 4 years:eek:. Is there a dedicated thread on Oasis and kids that can answer some of my questions specific to Oasis and sailing with a toddler or should I ask them here?

Some of the things I am trying to figure our are:

1. We are flying into FLL and if we take a taxi to our hotel, do we need to have a car seat for the cab?

2. Does anyone have the schedule for the Royal Tots activities?

3. Are there any shore excursions that are recommended for a 2yo? She loves dolphins, but the only one I found the min age was 3.

4. Is there a kids menu for the dining room?

5. Do you reccomend Seafood Shack or Giovannis Table?

6. What kind of strollers do hey rent onboard?

(this is what I could think of off the top of my head!)

We are sailing on the Oasis this fall with our DD2 and haven't been on an RCL cruise in 4 years:eek:. Is there a dedicated thread on Oasis and kids that can answer some of my questions specific to Oasis and sailing with a toddler or should I ask them here?

1. We are flying into FLL and if we take a taxi to our hotel, do we need to have a car seat for the cab? Yes, a car seat is required by law in Florida.

2. Does anyone have the schedule for the Royal Tots activities? You can find these online at cruisedocs.com, which was created by another CCer.

3. Are there any shore excursions that are recommended for a 2yo? She loves dolphins, but the only one I found the min age was 3. If you book directly with the outfit at Chakanaab in Cozumel, the min age is only 1 year old, so we're planning on taking DD there (where she'll be free because she's under 2!). I believe their name is Dolphin Discovery but you can easily google it.

4. Is there a kids menu for the dining room? Yup. But you can also order off the adult menu for your DD if you prefer. We'll probably do a combo of both with our DD because we don't feed her chicken fingers, burgers, mac & cheese, etc. all that often at home, so we're not going to do it on vacation and get her hooked on junk food.

5. Do you reccomend Seafood Shack or Giovannis Table? Sorry. Can't help with that one!

6. What kind of strollers do hey rent onboard? I've read that they rent strollers, but don't know what kind. You may want to contact them directly to ask or just bring your own.

We're sailing Allure in December with DD who will be 15 months old at the time. This is the info I've been able to find out so far. Hope it helps!

We are sailing in March with our son who will be 16 months old. I am looking for tips as well! I am really excited about the nursery, we found that Oasis (other than Disney) was the only ship that had a nursery.

We are on an Eastern Caribbean cruise, if anyone has any tips on excursions in Nassau, St. Thomas or St. Maarten, that would be great as well.

1. We are flying into FLL and if we take a taxi to our hotel, do we need to have a car seat for the cab?

2. Does anyone have the schedule for the Royal Tots activities?

3. Are there any shore excursions that are recommended for a 2yo? She loves dolphins, but the only one I found the min age was 3.

4. Is there a kids menu for the dining room?

5. Do you reccomend Seafood Shack or Giovannis Table?

6. What kind of strollers do hey rent onboard?

We sail on Oasis Sept 25 with our 19 month old daughter. Depending on when you're sailing, I will see what info I can find. These are GREAT questions and I'd love answers to them in advance, also.

We sail on Oasis Sept 25 with our 19 month old daughter. Depending on when you're sailing, I will see what info I can find. These are GREAT questions and I'd love answers to them in advance, also.

We are sailing Oct 23 so any info you can get us is great! We are doing the Eastern itinerary, so no Cozumel stop for the dolphins. (We did it a few years ago and it was great!)

The Royal Tots schedule I found online a few weeks back was the old itinerary, so I am looking for the updated one the coincides with our sailing. I will keep searching for more info!

btw, it is always a law in NY that you need a car seat as well; however, cabs in the city allow toddlers strapped in on their parents laps without a car seat. I know it probably isn't really legal to do that, but just wondering what others have done.

Thanks!

Archived