Pleas help! Want to plan an independent tour in New Brunswick.

Hi everyone. I will be in New Brunswick from 4:30am-3pm. I am really interested in booking the Hopewell Rocks tidal discovery tour, but it is so expensive. Does anyone have any other tours they can recommend that I can book independently from the ship? I will be leaving on the August 12th New England cruise. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I will be in New Brunswick from 4:30am-3pm. I am really interested in booking the Hopewell Rocks tidal discovery tour, but it is so expensive. Does anyone have any other tours they can recommend that I can book independently from the ship? I will be leaving on the August 12th New England cruise. Thanks!

www.freedomtours.com is a local reputable company that offers shore excursions. You could rent a car from AVIS nearby the terminal and drive there. It is 2 hours in each direction - probably the reason it is more pricey.

Thanks for the advice! However, I keep trying to access freedomtours.com and the link is apparently not working. I stumbled across baymount outdoor adventures and was considering going kaying there. What does freedomtours offer?

Thanks for the advice! However, I keep trying to access freedomtours.com and the link is apparently not working. I stumbled across baymount outdoor adventures and was considering going kaying there. What does freedomtours offer?

There website is back up - must have been a temp. glitch

www.freedomtours.com

from website:

Hopewell Rocks (available only on certain Cruises)

Join us for a full day drive to Hopewell Rocks and the Fundy National Park. Experience these flowerpot rocks created by the clash of continents, carved by melting glaciers, then sculpted by the highest tides in the world. Learn how twice daily one hundred billion tons of water creates tides that can rise up to 50 feet.

Please note we can not guarantee the ability to walk on the ocean floor. That is based on the tide schedule which varies from day to day

Cost per person $95.00

Please note it is TWO AND 1/2- HOUR DRIVE in each direction to Hopewell Rocks. There must be suitable time with your cruise ship arrival in Saint John to facilitate this drive. Not all ship arrivals allow for this tour to operate.

Great Thanks! I checked out the website, but my boyfriend is refusing to go on a tour that is 2 1/2 hours away. Do you know of any tours not too far from the ship? Thanks again!

Great Thanks! I checked out the website, but my boyfriend is refusing to go on a tour that is 2 1/2 hours away. Do you know of any tours not too far from the ship? Thanks again!

St Martins is the most popular - 50 minutes from Saint John. You could always stay in the city and do the jet boat ride throught the reversing falls or zip lining.

Wow! Great thanks! This helps a lot.

Take the St. Martins tour. It is well worth it. Tried to do it thru

Freedom Tours but they were all booked up so we had to do ship

tour but it was still good. We walked into the caves and had a nice lunch

very pretty place. I would rent a car though that way you can drive on

past for a beautiful drive. We were not able to do that since we were on a ships tour. At the time last year all the rental car places were booked up also. Better plan early. Have a great time.:)

E-mail Freedom Tours and ask for the 2010 Cruise Ship Tour list. They give very personable private tours. Just to let you know, they want at least 4 persons in a van for a tour. The vans will hold 6 but you will be much more comfortable with only 4. They price their tours per person.

Archived