Excursion Question

OT2Be2004

We are cruising on the Pride in September. I was just looking at the excursion to Animal Kingdom while in Port Canaveral. They list my daughter (who will be 15 mons) as $139.95 for her ticket. However she will get into the park for free, so I called Carnival and they said since her box is greyed out on the reservation form, she would be free. So to just take us with her. I don't want her to not have a seat on the shuttle though. Also we were looking at renting a car and just driving up. Anyone have any input on which option would be better? Or has anyone had this issue with their children before?

Thank you!

I've never travelled like that with a toddler, but if the cost to rent a car and pay at the gate is about the same as the Carnival package, I'd rent a car. You'll have more freedom to come and go as you please. But, you'll need a carseat so that may be a problem. Just my 2 cents. You might want to post on the family cruising forum. I'm sure someone there has done this and can give you some first-hand info. Enjoy your trip! :)

IMHO since this is a port excursion I really would stay with the CCL excursion. Disney is about 1 hr 15 min from the port and depending on what day of the week, the traffic may not be the greatest. Some of the roads are also toll. I would rather spend the few extra dollars and have the piece-of-mind that someone else is doing the driving that knows their way and can guarantee that the ship will wait if there is any type of hold up for any reason. In addition, after walking around the hot park for several hours it would be nice to be able to sit back and relax for the hour or so drive back to port.

Having been to Disney and the AK many times I can tell you that this is the best choice of all 4 of the Disney parks to do during your short amount of time. The animal safari is great. Try to do this first and if the lines are too long then get a fast pass to come back later. We just love the broadway style show, " Festival of the Lion King" Wonderful music and costuming. A Bug's Life is another show that is not to be missed.

Wishing you a really great cruise and a good time at Disney. :)

Archived