Tried a Five Guys - Perish the Thought of Wanting Them on a Carnival Ship

MrPete

I'm used to the Double Burger that Wendy's serves. I like MEAT (where's the beef still rings true!)

I have tried the 1/3 Angus that McD's serves, and the bun is just wrong.

I have a thing against BK, having worked there for a month when I was 16, but after trying their new XT burgers, IMO, those are the best out there.

Im going to try and hit 5Gs up this week. If I do I will post a pic of the burger and fries that I receive. Again it is far from small and it is "real" burger not a frozen pressed patty. (well it was frozen but it doesnt look "pressed" ala McDs/Wendys)

As for Wendys... I will never eat at a Wendys. Bad experience, although it has been over 15 years...

Just a discussion. Don't take it so personal.

And, for the record, I took someone's advice and visited a second one locally in NY, and had the same results. The only difference was, I skipped the mustard.

It's not a discussion, it's you repeatedly telling everyone you don't like them the minute someone else mentions that they do. That's not a discussion. ;) Yes, we know you don't like them. Yes, we know you think the patties are too thin. Do you have anything else to add? A dissertation on their buns, perhaps? :p

It's not a discussion, it's you repeatedly telling everyone you don't like them the minute someone else mentions that they do. That's not a discussion. ;) Yes, we know you don't like them. Yes, we know you think the patties are too thin. Do you have anything else to add? A dissertation on their buns, perhaps? :p

I do not think we are allowed to discuss buns here.

And pity the poor person taking my advice on my tastebuds. The point of the thread is, I don't wish to pay for my burgers on board a ship, when, what they already serve as part of my fare, is quite acceptable.

And I've hardly told anyone anything the moment they post they're a fan of FG.

I do not think we are allowed to discuss buns here.

And pity the poor person taking my advice on my tastebuds. The point of the thread is, I don't wish to pay for my burgers on board a ship, when, what they already serve as part of my fare, is quite acceptable.

And I've hardly told anyone anything the moment they post they're a fan of FG.

I concur with your point, and would absolutely HATE to see CCL put any sort of franchise on their ships.

And of course we can discuss buns. Do you like yours toasted or pale?

I concur with your point, and would absolutely HATE to see CCL put any sort of franchise on their ships.

And of course we can discuss buns. Do you like yours toasted or pale?

As someone who is on probation for discussing whale tails, I must humbly forfeit.

We went there once, never again... because they had nothing for me. I literally was the party pooper sitting there waiting to go to a Wendy's drive thru.

I don't like big beef burgers and I don't regularly like hot dogs, especially in Chicago where they yell at you if you ask for ketchup :rolleyes:

Why can't they offer a salad, a chicken burger, or a veggie burger? It's not that hard to do. Everybody else does it.

How about because they don't feel like it? They're obviously not out to capture the whole world's business. There are more than enough burger-and-fries customers to keep a store in business.

I don't get what's the big deal about In and Out. I had my first one in California this summer.....over rated!

In and Out = yawn again.

5 Guys is the best of the chains - juicy burgers and the best chain-store fries going. (Yes, the burgers are cooked medium-well because less cooked hamburger (unlike rarer steak) is DANGEROUS!! Geez, people!) Pricey to be sure.

But no, I don't want them on a cruise ship - why bother when I can get 5 Guys at National airport before I leave? :D And I ain't paying extra for a burger on a cruise.... :mad:

It sounds like Five Guys is more like a cult than a chain restaurant. I really don't understand what is the big deal if Me and Mr. Pete and the thousands of others who don't bother to post won't eat there again.

I guess we're the cool kids and everybody wants our companionship.

Now if they start advertising and use my idea of a slogan:

"I am not satisfied until I have Five Guys in me" then maybe I'd return... to buy a t-shirt.

It sounds like Five Guys is more like a cult than a chain restaurant. I really don't understand what is the big deal if Me and Mr. Pete and the thousands of others who don't bother to post won't eat there again.

I guess we're the cool kids and everybody wants our companionship.

Now if they start advertising and use my idea of a slogan:

"I am not satisfied until I have Five Guys in me" then maybe I'd return... to buy a t-shirt.

If you were the cool kids, they'd change to get you back.

I meant that the cult followers view us as the cool kids. The restaurant owners obviously could care less about a cat that posts on a message board and Mr. Pete. :rolleyes:

Gotcha. Yeah, there are always some folks who just can't stand that someone they know doesn't share their opinion wholeheartedly.

Gotcha. Yeah, there are always some folks who just can't stand that someone they know doesn't share their opinion wholeheartedly.

I completely agree. Unless you are the owner of the proprietorship, why would you care if some random person didn't eat there?

I completely agree. Unless you are the owner of the proprietorship, why would you care if some random person didn't eat there?

And then there's the flipside, those that hate it can't understand why anyone likes it.

I tend to have the "to each their own" attitude, and I do with Five Guys, but, not with White Castle. That's just one place where I "don't get it". :eek:

That's because White Castle is just evil. They call them sliders for a reason.

I have to say that I love 5 Guys and so does my DD and DH, the only one that won't eat it is DD that is a vegetarian but she will eat the grilled cheese and the fries.

The issues that I have with 5 guys...the whole place smells like malt vinegar when I go in there and you have to eat the fries hot or they are just not as good.

I think if you just got a hamburger with nothing on it, it may seem a bit small but if you put a few toppings on it is fine...

I like the junior with one patty and a small fry and I can never finish that...so I can pay $8 and be stuffed all day or I can pay $9 for a salad down the street and be hungry in an hour...size is not everything, substance and satisfaction also play a key part...

I asked for lots o' fixins (FREE!:rolleyes:)

I got cheese (extra $), tomatoes, lettuce, grilled onions, mushrooms, ketchup, and mustard (after all, I was in the south).

First off, I couldn't get my mouth around it. When I tried, everything came sliding out, gooey.

Hmmm... all those fixins sound kinda good to me. And you DO like Wendy's which I DON'T like. I guess I'm going to have to try 5 Guys for myself after all.

Hmmm... all those fixins sound kinda good to me. And you DO like Wendy's which I DON'T like. I guess I'm going to have to try 5 Guys for myself after all.

If you can do so. Thing to remember is leave the wrapper on it while eating. It will hold it all together. If you take it out and try to eat it you will get a lap full.

Also be warned they have peanuts in the place, usually 2 or 3 open boxes.

I dont recal grilled onions just sliced (squared) white ones.

I can eat grease-burgers any day of the week right here in my home town. When I cruise, I like to sample ethnic dishes and just about anything I have never heard of. Fifty years ago, however, I was totally different and would not go anywhere that did not serve burgers and fries.

They absolutely have grilled onions! :D

Ok... :D They probably do its just when I ask for onions I get the white ones. I like the crunchy ones on my burger will take the grilled ones on my steak.

However as long as onion is available that is all that matters.

Archived