royal connect phone/WOW

nic1

Can you downlaod through Royal Caribbean the iphone app to monitor children or do you have to use their phone?

Has anyone tried to "rent" a phone in advance of travel?

Thanks!!

Can you downlaod through Royal Caribbean the iphone app to monitor children or do you have to use their phone?

Has anyone tried to "rent" a phone in advance of travel?

Thanks!!

Looks like maybe you can use your own phone now, this is dated Feb 2010

http://theintelligentcruiser.com/stay-connected-with-royal-connect/

An App for Everything

Passengers who have an iPhone will now be able to use the Royal Connect service on their personal phone through the use of the “Royal Connect” Iphone app (the 17.50 fee does still apply). Through the use of the 1000 wi-fi hotspot locations on-board the Oasis of the Seas, passengers with an iPhone can now enjoy the same benefits of those using the Royal Caribbean phones. Although the idea of losing a 400 dollar iPhone isn’t exactly comforting it does allow you to enjoy the benefits of Royal Connect without the specter of a 1000 dollar lost phone fee hanging over their heads.

I called Royal yesterday to inquire about this - about to upgrade to iPhone 4 & wondered if I could use my 3 onboard even though it wasn't 'hooked up'

Long story short - she had no clue what I was talking about - told me they had cell towers & the calls would be expensive?!?!?!?! Finally found an article about Royal Connect & read it off to me - didn't answer my question... anyone know if it might work?

Still kicking myself for not patenting this concept- I kept saying on the Dec 5 Oasis that "they need an app for this" referring to the tv screens on the wall... lol

The "app" they are talking about is NOT available on the Oasis, and does NOT offer the same features as the Royal Connect (formerly WOW) phones.

You need to rent a reconfigured iPhone for $17.50 and all the features that article refers to...will be on that phone.

To see what the phone does...check out the video I created:

where on the ship do you go to rent the modified iphone

As soon as you enter the ship (Deck 5, Royal Promenade mid-ship), go down to the Comedy Club on Deck 4. Somewhere around there will be a crew member taking registrations.

They will then direct you one deck down to the Conference Center (Deck 3) to get your phone)

If you want the Royal Connect Phone, BARD THE SHIP EARLY. It's not so much to guard against them running out, the problem is the line gets very long very quickly. You do not want to be waiting for 30-3445 minutes on a line as soon as you board the Oasis.

The royal connect app is on cydia? How do we get the ship to turn on our phones?

From everything I have read, and from my experience using the Royal connect phone on the Oasis, it is NOT a downloadable app.

If you want to use the Royal Connect features, you MUST rent a separate re-configured iPhone that will be your Royal Connect phone for the week.

• 1 year later...
The royal connect app is on cydia? How do we get the ship to turn on our phones?

Sorry to bump such a old thread but I tried to download this in Cydia but can not find it. Does anyone know if there is some particular repo that i need to add to find this app Cydia?

Thanks!

Sorry to bump such a old thread but I tried to download this in Cydia but can not find it. Does anyone know if there is some particular repo that i need to add to find this app Cydia?

Thanks!

I don't think it exists. I searched for it a year or so ago and couldn't find it.

Archived