Pullman Ocean Dream

CruiseTravels

I've read a few nice post on here regarding Pullman & the Ocean Dream. I would love to hear more information, such as:

(a) Spanish cruise line and the cruise ports are in Latin America - which makes me wonder about language issues. Can any Pullman alum address language issues (native English speakers, unfortunately far from flueant in any other language)

(b) Given the amount of post about difficulty booking Pullman - any recent booking tips?

(d) I believe that Royal Caribbean owns Pullman, which I thought would

give me some ease, but i'm surprised at the lack of info on the

Pullman & Ocean Dream website (price ranges, cabin details, etc). Can people share pricing info, cabin details/recommendations, etc?

(e) Any Ocean Dream ship alumni & stories?

(f) Any tips about Pullman ships/crew, etc?

Thank You!!

I'm going in January on the Ocean Dream (another Pullmantur ship) with a departure from Cartagena. If you know some Spanish there is a forum much like this one but with much more information about Pulmantur and the departure you are asking about. It is http://www.infocruceros.com. Have fun! I know I am very excited.

Hello my friends, in a few months I will sail in the Ocean Dream, so I would like you to reccomend the company Autoprogreso and you will save a lot of money. They offer tours to the Mayan Ruins ( Chichen itza, uxmal and dzibilchaltun as well as Merida) Have fun!!! here is the email address: autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Papi Puerto Rico

I've read a few nice post on here regarding Pullman & the Ocean Dream. I would love to hear more information, such as:

(a) Spanish cruise line and the cruise ports are in Latin America - which makes me wonder about language issues. Can any Pullman alum address language issues (native English speakers, unfortunately far from flueant in any other language)

(b) Given the amount of post about difficulty booking Pullman - any recent booking tips?

(d) I believe that Royal Caribbean owns Pullman, which I thought would

give me some ease, but i'm surprised at the lack of info on the

Pullman & Ocean Dream website (price ranges, cabin details, etc). Can people share pricing info, cabin details/recommendations, etc?

(e) Any Ocean Dream ship alumni & stories?

(f) Any tips about Pullman ships/crew, etc?

Thank You!!

Hi! Yeah, that's me!!! I went in Jan. Our route was a bit different when we went (Cartagena, Santa Marta, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire and Isla Margarita.) My husband and I had never cruised before so we don't have anything to compare it to but we loved it!!!

a) The clientèle on this cruise all speak Spanish since the starting ports are in Spanish speaking countries and it is a Spanish line. However, I mostly spoke English to all the staff. Most of the staff loved speaking English to me and my husband as they said their English was better than Spanish. It helped us stand out too and they always remembered us everywhere we went on board. The shows are in Spanish but one of the shows was actually a mine (no talking at all) and other were dancing or songs played by the Beetles, etc. The only time I got a little lost was when the MC would open for the shows or close the shows. And there was one night that was a comedy act. What I did understand, was wonderful. We also asked for our daily news to be delivered in English (no problem) and I always got English menus at the restaurants. All material should be available in both languages. When we went people could board in Aruba too so there were a few that didn't know any Spanish. Our dinner mates were Spanish speakers but I am sure you could talk to the wait staff to get you at a table with English speakers if it was a problem for you.

b) For booking: Send an email to Pullmantur from their website (http://www.pullmantur.es/EN/Home/pg1206525591957.html) and they will tell you who you can book with in your country. If you are in the US the website they recommend bookings is a HUGE company but you have to go to the top right hand corner of the site and do your search in "espanol", otherwise it won't show up. Then you can start getting quotes. I have found that although they make you work with the Spanish speaking reps, they all speak English so just let them know you need your info in English. They are located in Houston if that helps you figure out which company it is. per cruise critic policy, I can't tell you who. There isn't any extra fee for booking through them.

d) Yes, they are owned by RCL.

e) I can just tell you that we had a great time and loved it. The ship is old but has been well maintained. Cabins are tiny but for us it was just a place to sleep. The best part for us was that drinks were included (wine, beer, and mixed drinks). I found the drinks to be even better than the all-inclusive resorts I have stayed at in Mexico. And the price is low. Ours was less that 1k each for the two of us in an interior room in high season here leaving from Colombia for 7 nights. Two kids up to 16 years old could have traveled with us for free (just pay the $210 taxes) if we had any to take. Pullmantur doesn't do this on all ships so you might have to ask.

f) Service was fantastic at all times!!! We didn't take any ship excursions so not sure about that. Like I said before they all speak English and will most likely want to.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll try to keep an eye on this post to help you out. If you do decide to take this cruise I recommend that you are flexible and easy going. It is a Latin cruise and their culture does dominate the ship. Great if you like to party and have fun.

Oh and I forgot to mention...

We are booked for cruise #2 on the Ocean dream again!!!! This time leaving from Cartagena to Santa Marta, Aruba, Curacao, Caracas and Colon in Dec 2011.

I am English living in Spain and in September I am taking my first pullmantur cruise

This is not my first cruise its probably my 20something cruise and we have been shieing away but have finally decided to bite the bullett if you use the Spanish web site it is available in English

Watch this space and I shall reveal my findings we are sailing on the Empress which I believe is a formerRoyal carribean ship

Archived