Formal night on Star

cdncruiseluver

There are two formal nights, but I think they are called "formal optional" nights. We found in January that most of the people who dressed up were senior citizens or under 30.

I would say 80% of the seniors on our cruise dressed up for the two nights and maybe one-third of the under 30s. With everyone else it was rare.

Just off the Star a couple of weeks ago. There was really only one "formal" night. There was not a restriction to formal only in the main dinningrooms.

We ate in the dinningroom that night and were only dressed in the resort casual. I had on a sundress and my husband had on a collared shirt and dockers. There were others dressed like we were and there was no problem.

The only problem with formal night was that the main dinningrooms were very full. We were offered a 20 minute wait for a table for two of we could share. We chose to share a table that night.

Just off the Star a couple of weeks ago. There was really only one "formal" night. There was not a restriction to formal only in the main dinningrooms.

We ate in the dinningroom that night and were only dressed in the resort casual. I had on a sundress and my husband had on a collared shirt and dockers. There were others dressed like we were and there was no problem.

The only problem with formal night was that the main dinningrooms were very full. We were offered a 20 minute wait for a table for two of we could share. We chose to share a table that night.

Were there 1 or 2 formal nights? Were most people dressed formally? Did you feel uncomfortable in your resort casual?

We just got off the ship yesterday. The freestyle dailies from last week state the following:

Feb 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 - suggested attire resort casual

Feb 2 - optional formal

Feb 7 - resort elegant

Honestly, the only day that most people dressed "formally" was the 2nd night (Feb 2) and I thought it was probably about half or so. My husband was in a shirt & tie. I had a long dress. We saw alot of people around in "resort casual" that night and they appeared very casual in their attire.

We only saw a few people dressed up on the 7th night and they were standing in line to take pictures (optional formal portraits) in the atrium.

Archived