Pier Upgrades

It is always prudent to check withthe pier coordinator to check on availability of an upgrade. These upgrades are not free but are reasonably priced. Be sure to let them know up front, what your current category is, as sometimes they will nto upgrade from less desirable cabins to better ones, as they have no shot at upgrading anyone to the lesser category.

Once I was told no there were none available, but then when they noticed I was in a Junior suite, they offered me an upgrade to each of the higher categories, including the Royal Suite. The price to upgrade is based on your current category and the category you are upgrading to. It cost me $400 to upgrade from a Junior Suite to either a Cat B or A (Grand or owners Suite...and I was quoted $800 to go to the Royal Suite. I still kick myself today for being cheap and going for the owners suite. Needless to say when I walked by my orignal cabin, it has also been upgraded to by someone.

Sometimes later in the day, they find out an executive is not coming and the upgrades become available. I believe they keep a few cabins left for any executives in case they come. At least, that is what happened to us. We got lucky and since all the Grand suites were sold out, we ended up getting an owner's suite for the same price.

Archived