Your favorite frozen healthy meal..

star1765

Lean Cuisine has a breaded chicken, asian style. I think it's called Sesame Chicken. It has some angel hair and veggies. It is to die for!

Also, lean cuisine vegetable lasagna is delicious.

And Jenny Craig has some awesome frozen foods -- the turkey burger, and Pasta Ole are my favorites. (If you join for one of the discounted rates and then just stock up on these foods durign your time, it can be well worth it, even if you are not really doing the total program. Especially if you have a second freezer for storage.).

These items are so good, it's hard for me to believe they are diet food!!!

Bon apetit!

I dont really need to lose wieght but I love Lean Cuisine and Smart Choice. They have just enough for me to eat. I have a condition that makes me eat smaller postions. I'm best when I eat 6 or 7 times a day.

If ya wanna lose wieght...ya gotta eat. If you try "starving" your body will think,"hmmmm...no food around, I'd better hold on to as much fat as I can."

Eat often and you'll lose wieght.

(I lost wieght on my, "I'll never go on another diet diet". You're body really will tell you what it needs.)

• 2 weeks later...

Do you live near a Trader Joes? They have some great frozen meals. I also like "Ethnic Gourmet" or "Amy's organics" frozen meals that I find here and there in the organic foods section or at Wild Oats. We don't end up buying alot of prepared meals like that from regular stores though because of my youngest DD's food allergies.

Tami

I'm impressed with Grilled Basil Chicken, Whiskey Steak, Baked Chicken Chardonay and especially, Beef Merlot. I'm on Weight Watchers, and all are in the 5-6 point range. Delicious!

This is my first venture on Cruise Critic and I'm not sure if the participants are future or past cruise passengers. We are booked on Brilliance of the Seas on March 28. My first RC cruise - have sailed 6 times on Carnival (love it!).

Good luck dieting.

I rarely eat any frozen dinners, as I can make a quick, better-tasting and cheaper alternative in about the same time. Processed foods usually have fillers and extra sugar and sodium. Here's a good site that will give you data on those dishes, then suggest healthier choices. Very good!

http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html

My favorite quick meal is a bag of organic Cascadian Farms' mixes. Check out the all natural ingredients and no added fillers. Add your choice of meat or tofu. Often times, I pep them up with a little salsa, fat-free sour cream and spice or citrus. I also love Muir Glen fire roasted tomato sauce for whole wheat pasta. Though this newsletter didn't like the Aztec, I load mine with salsa, cilantro, tofu and lime and I love it. Check out what Nutrition Action said about Cascadian:

"All six of Cascadian Farm Meals for a Small Planet met our Best Bite criteria and then some. Each is organic and is loaded with fiber, thanks to the lentils, chick peas, black beans, etc. Our taste buds ranked the Indian, Cajun, and Moroccan far above the Aztec, Mediterranean, and Szechuan."

Here's the link to that article:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0813/is_1_27/ai_59210040

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the LC spa cuisine line sucks. The salmon was disgusting!! I do like their Margarita Pizza (deep dish) and the roasted potatoes with brocolli in cheese sauce is my absolute favorite. Does not taste "lite" at all and only 4 points for all you WW folks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived