Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

hi all! I've been a lurker for the last 2 months. I'm getting too excited to keep lurking!!!

I chose this for formal night .....

347174896_o.jpg

is this appropriate? Of course different jewelry to dress it up a bit more.

My family and i will be sailing 7 days royal carribean/southern caribbean. Thanks for your help.

beautiful!!!!

Hi all! I've been a lurker for the last 2 months. I'm getting too excited to keep lurking!!!

I chose this for formal night .....

347174896_o.jpg

Is this appropriate? Of course different jewelry to dress it up a bit more.

My family and i will be sailing 7 days Royal Carribean/Southern Caribbean. Thanks for your help.

Love. That. Dress!!!! It's perfect for the S. Caribbean on RCCL. I've sailed both the Adventure Of the Seas and the Serenade Of the Seas for the Southern Caribbean, your dress is just right for formal night :)

I myself would wear long earrings in gold if wearing gold strappy sandle type shoes or silver if wearing silver shoes. I would not wear a big necklace because of the neckline. Maybe a broach at the waist instead. I am sure whatever you wear, you will look FANTASTIC!!!!

I love all three of these!! We dance and I could see me doing all of them- where did you find them?? We are near DC. S.

Sorry I haven't replied. Just back from our cruise a couple days ago, with a rotten head cold so haven't been at my computer as much.

I got them at either Ross Dress for Less or Marshalls. TJ Maxx is a distant possibility. Each was between $20-30.

Thought I would chime in...I just ordered these two dresses...do you think they'll be nice enough?

http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-sale/l-artiste-maxi-dress.html

and this:

http://www.igigi.com/plus-size-sale/sorbetto-delights-dress-in-magenta.html

I'll need to pick up a shawl for both - but I think I should be able to get something that will match both.

If you haven't ordered yet, try coupon code THANKS50 to get 50% off. I got an email yesterday from Igigi with this offer. Also check out their 15% and 25% off sales.

I just wanted to say that I went into my local Ross the other day and they had a lot of cute plus sized dresses up to size 26 I think. I made a comment to the sales lady and she said they were starting to get their party dresses in stock now. So it might be worth it to check it out.

I just wanted to say that I went into my local Ross the other day and they had a lot of cute plus sized dresses up to size 26 I think. I made a comment to the sales lady and she said they were starting to get their party dresses in stock now. So it might be worth it to check it out.

Thanks!!! They just opened here about 2 weeks ago, I went in and low and behold PLUS size dresses. I was able to get a cute little black sequined dress ($32) for my upcoming cruise. I have never had a sequined dress and it is exactly what I wanted for this upcoming "29th" birthday cruise. I just lost some pounds and was so excited that it fit and was actually cut to really flatter my body plus size that it is...I will post a picture when I can. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just wondering if it's just me, or do all ladies of a "certain age" start dealing with this...

I will turn 45 on my birthday in February, and it seems like overnight my body has changed shapes. I've always been more pear shaped, but with a small waist and wider bottom...but sometime in the last year my waist is dissappearing! I haven't really gained weight, it is just redistributing. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

All of your dresses look beautiful, and everyone seems so confident in their pictures. My family tease me that they can't find pictures of me ever because I HATE to have my image taken.

Shelia

Love all the dresses! I love that "50's Look" one Millandra! the petticoat is great :) And, Char32, the purple off the shoulder dress is really stunning...

I wish I had come here sooner to find out about eBay. I mean I know about eBay, but to find dresses? Maybe I could sell mine on there! LOL

Edited by murfturf

Okay, just wondering if it's just me, or do all ladies of a "certain age" start dealing with this...

I will turn 45 on my birthday in February, and it seems like overnight my body has changed shapes. I've always been more pear shaped, but with a small waist and wider bottom...but sometime in the last year my waist is dissappearing! I haven't really gained weight, it is just redistributing. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? ...

I don't know about the changing thing because I've always had that body type. You do have my sympathies, though.