Celebrity Century - Cabin Upgrade Dilema

carrr

Hi

This is my first posting, however, not my first cruise. I am honeymooning on Celebrity Century in September and have cruised twice before on Millennium and Constellation. I have a dilema - we are currently booked into a Celebrity Suite (NS) but have been offered an upgrade to Sky Suite for an additional 600 pounds - can anyone tell me if it is worth the upgrade? As far as I see we gain a larger cabin and balcony, whirlpool bath and possibly a quieter room, the room we have (1139) is under the sunset bar (I have noted from previous posts that it can be noisy first thing in the morning as the chairs are moved around and people can overlook our balcony. Any advise would be much appreciated!

Rach

The problem with the cabin you have booked, and with the other aft suites on Penthouse deck, is the complete lack of privacy on your balcony. People in the Sunset bar can look right onto these balconies.

Six hundred pounds seems like a lot to upgrade to a sky suite, but I could be wrong. Could I just throw out another suggestion? The FV's on Vista deck just below where you are now are much more private and they have quite large balconies. However, there are no suite amenities. And I do not know when they are open for booking for 2.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Century is a lovely ship.

Anne

Have you checked the numbers? I thiought CS's were larger than Sky Suites. I also thought Sky Suites were the lowest category of suites. You would gain a balcony but I bet the CS rooms are larger. The Sky Suite we were in was not 'suite-like' at all, just a slightly bigger cabin with an extra large balcony. IMO not worth $600.

Have you checked the numbers? I thiought CS's were larger than Sky Suites. I also thought Sky Suites were the lowest category of suites. You would gain a balcony but I bet the CS rooms are larger. The Sky Suite we were in was not 'suite-like' at all, just a slightly bigger cabin with an extra large balcony. IMO not worth $600.

On Century Sky Suite is a higher category than a CS - both the balcony and interior portion of the stateroom are larger in the Sky Suite than the balcony and interior portion of a CS on Century. That said 600 pounds is a lot of money for such an upgrade.

Take the upgrade!

The Century Suites are smaller and the balconies are very exposed to the Sky Bar and other cruisers.

I also would not change to an FV. I was in an FV, on Century, in May and, while the large balcony is nice, the layout of the room outweighed the large aft balcony. The position of the bed is against the wall and whoever is on the inside must crawl over the other person in order to get out of bed. The only place you can really watch the TV is from the couch. Don't think you'll be able to lay in bed and watch a movie. It's too far away to be seen, the person on the inside cannot see it, and you need to have it blaring to hear it. BTW: I LOVE aft balcony cabins but I would never book another FV on Century. Also: If you book an FV you will lose the additional Captains Club cruise credit.

Take the upgrade and enjoy the Sky Suite.

Take care,

Mike

Archived