Question about transportation on Grand Cayman

cricri7

Hi guys....I will be going on the Solstice on August 15th and was wondering about the 7 mile beach on Grand Cayman island. Is it possible to get to it by public bus? I like the beach but get bored after about 1 hour and was wondering if it was easy getting back from there. I went to Bermuda at the beginning of the summer and it was really easy to do the public beach by bus. Is it the same for Grand Cayman? How much would a cab cost and would it be easy to find one afterwards at the beach?

I also have a question about the beach itself....where would be the best place to go to so I could have facilities for changing or public restrooms? Are there hotels where you can go that lets you use the facilities for a fee?

I will also be a 40 something woman traveling alone. I was in Grand Cayman this winter but went to the turtle farm with an organized group and walked in the area near the customs afterwards. Is it safe to go the beach alone?

Thanks in advance for your answer!!

There are tons of cabs that will take cruisers to the beach of their choice. There are several public ones on the 7 mile stretch. Head over to the port of call boards for the Grand Cayman board. There you can find out about the beaches, transportation etc. Have a wonderful day at the beach. You WILL be safe and there are cabs for taking you back to the pier at any time. Hook up with some others and save money.;)

Archived