Cocoa Beach Shore Excursion - Jewel

Bean2

If anyone did the Fun and Sun day in Cocoa beach recently, what time was the last shuttle back to the ship? On the shore excursions section of the site, it says 5:30, but the ship doesn't sail until 10:00 p.m., so I am not sure that is right. We'd like to spend time in town after the beach with a relative who lives in FL, but he can't get to us until about 4, so I am going to tell him it isn't worth it if we have to get back on our shuttle by 5:30. Thanks for the info!

If you didn't want to take the NCL excursion to have more freedom, there is a hop on/hop off shuttle right outside the port, which will take you to 3 places: I believe it is the mall, Walmart and Cocoa Beach. I believe it costs $10 and runs every 1/2h-1h. If you search on the message board, I believe it has been mentioned before!

I took that shuttle. You just walk out of the terminal and once you pay, you get a sticker that allows you ride unlimited throughout the day. I didnt go to the mall or walmart, but I did ride it into Cocoa Beach to go to Ron Jons. If I remember correctly, when I was there last time we got there earlier and left around 5-6. Make sure you ask when the last shuttle leaves Cocoa Beach in case its earlier. I'm going on the Jewel next week, and I'll be doing the same thing.

I'm not sure about the price of a taxi, but one thing to think about is that 6 people won't fit in a taxi. You might be able to get a mini van taxi, but from my experiences, most drivers won't let a passenger sit up front. This would mean you would need to get 2 taxis either way. In that case, my guess is that the shuttle would be cheaper.

We would like to book the fun and sun shore excursion, and transportation is included, so I would like to find out what time the particular shuttle that is included with the shore excursion goes back to the ship, if anyone knows. Thanks.

Dear Bean,

If the shore excursion which you are considering is simply a day at the beach, you could create your own excursion. I live in the area and I doubt that you would pay more than $15. to $20 each way for a taxi ride for your party. You will be surprised how close the beaches are to the Port!

All of the beaches are free. Just ask your taxi driver to put you down at a good spot, or a locale prearranged by you and your relative.

If you are worried about no taxis cruising at night, you can always call one or ask your driver to meet you at a prearranged time/place.

Cocoa Beach is very nice; the natives are friendly and they speak English!

I hope that you will be able to meet up with your Florida relative.

If anyone did the Fun and Sun day in Cocoa beach recently, what time was the last shuttle back to the ship? On the shore excursions section of the site, it says 5:30, but the ship doesn't sail until 10:00 p.m., so I am not sure that is right. We'd like to spend time in town after the beach with a relative who lives in FL, but he can't get to us until about 4, so I am going to tell him it isn't worth it if we have to get back on our shuttle by 5:30. Thanks for the info!

i'll try to answer what you asked -- we did this shore ex several years ago. you go to the beach resort first

you actually leave rather early to go to ron jons and THEN back to the ship.

i remember getting back to the ship about 30 min before the all aboard. you can work backward from that.

BUT I'm on this cruise later this month and now it seems we get in at noon and leave at 10 pm to allow folks to go to the parks.

if that's the case and the cocoa beach shorex is about 4 hours or so you'll board the bus at 1, get to the beach by about 1:45 no later. stay a couple of hours, go to ron jon's and be back to the ship by 5. does that help?

call shorex help at ncl...they may be able to tell you. stressing the 'may'...

thanks. I called Shore Exc before posting here, and they couldn't answer my question. I want to take advantage of the Pool Resort for my son, but not if we can only be there a few hours.

I'm not sure about the price of a taxi, but one thing to think about is that 6 people won't fit in a taxi. You might be able to get a mini van taxi, but from my experiences, most drivers won't let a passenger sit up front. This would mean you would need to get 2 taxis either way. In that case, my guess is that the shuttle would be cheaper.

Thanks - we thought (hopefully) that maybe we could find a mini van taxi - but not sure. You're right, we'd probably need two taxis - so then it would be cheaper for the shuttle. I was thinking also that the shuttle might be better in case we want to return at different times as well.

• 4 years later...