Anyone ever cruised over Easter Sunday?

Hello all,

I just realized that during Holy Week in 2005, I will be aboard the Brilliance of the Seas heading to and from the Panama Canal. I am a bit saddened by this, as Holy Week is very important to me. I didn't realize that Easter was so early this year!

Anyway, does anyone know what kind of services are aboard the ship, if any? Is there any special meals, etc? Thanks y'all!

Sarah

6/95 - Majesty of the Seas

6/96 - Monarch of the Seas

6/98 - Majesty of the Seas

6/99 - Granduer of the Seas

6/01 - Granduer of the Seas

6/03 - Explorer of the Seas

3/05 _ Brillance of the Seas - Panama Canal

I Touch the Future.....I Teach

RCI does have clergy sometimes. You will need to contact the line to find out if this will be one of those times.

I have cruised on other lines during Holy Week and will not do it again because Holy Week is important to me too. Holland America had Mass and devotions. Windstar had nothing.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

We've been on 2 Easter cruises, one Celebrity and one Royal Caribbean. The holiday was celebrated in a nice way. Both ships had services and both were decorated (but not as much as on Christmas.) As far as food goes, the dinners were the same but we received chocolate Bunnies and a basket of Easter eggs on the table in the evening. We've been on ships for holidays before and they are always nice. This year will be Thanksgiving on the Empress so we will see how that will be.

Jan

I was on the Majesty in '02 and on Enchantment in '03 over Easter and have sailed at other times on other ships. I am not the most religious guy, but I will tell that even though they did offer services, it was hard to tell it was Easter on the ships. Pretty much everyone went about their "cruising" business as usual. Anyway, for what it's worth....

Mark

I was on the Brilliance Panama Canal cruise this year (04) which left on Good Friday. They have a Catholic priest as a member of the crew, first time I've seen that on RCI. There was no Good Friday service (apparently you have to do all three--Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Saturday vigil mass--or none at all). Catholic Mass Sunday morning and an interdominational service. Mass every day. I would think if you are on for Holy Week there will be the traditional services.

Last year I was on the QE2, which also had a a resident chaplain, and there were all the services.

Mary

BOS: 2004

QE2: 2003 & 1987

AOS: 2002

VOS: 2000

NE or SOA: 2003, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1986

Cunard Princess: 1989

Home Lines Atlantic: 1988

HAL Viendam: 1984

SS United States: 1968

until the Voyager of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;8;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until the Norwegian Dawn!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I was on the same cruise through the Panama Canal as Mary......if I remember (Mary may help me out here) my only complaint was that the Easter service was at 10am and we began going through the Canal at 7am.

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88

Viking Serenade 3/93

Enchantment 3/01

Rhapsody 9/02

Splendour 4/03

Rhapsody, 9/03

Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Hawaii on Inifinity

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

Until Vision/Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;10;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived