St John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway

ACRmom

We've been trying to decide between this excursion and the Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel. Both appear to be 4.5 hours, but just a different Beach. We've heard Trunk Bay shouldn't be missed, but now seem to be hearing the same about Honeymoon Beach! Not big into snorkeling... just want to maybe float around and play in the water and enjoy a beautiful beach! Any thoughts to help tip the scales to one or the other? Please???

We looked at both also.

What the deciding factor for us was Trunk is a ferry ride and Honeymoon is a catamaran sail with food and foo-foo's. That was an easy choice for us:p

We enjoy just floating as well. Sometimes I snorkel and sometimes I just float.

Thanks to both of you, Willbcrusin & johneeo! The pics were awesome, and I hadn't really thought about the trip to get there and back (ferry vs. cat)! Thanks for reminding me that, like the cruise itself, it's not totally about the destination, but the trip there & back as well on excursions too!

I'm just getting more & more excited! :D

• 4 weeks later...
We did this excursion from the Dream in late Jan. this year. about 20 min or longer bus ride from pier to port on other side of island, maybe longer. Boat was well set up, crew great. Seas were choppy but no issue with anyone getting sick. Water off Honeymoon Beach was calm. They will ferry you to beach in an inflatable to start snorkeling or you can start from boat. Water is like the pics, beautiful. Snorkeling was ok but not great as far as things to see. I proposed to my SO on the beach which is part of a national park. Alcohol comes out with some snacks on way back. I wish we had more time on the beach but with bus and travel to the island, that ate up most of the time. I do highly recommend it for what it is but next trip I will look for more beach time in ST.

Is that the sea is really rough? Were there many people sick

We just came back from a Celebrity cruise, and we went on this excursion - it is now one of our favorites! We sailed on the catamaran Adventurer (the one that was pictured earlier in this thread by another poster), and it was a beautifully maintained, clean vessel, with an amazing, attentive crew. There were about 35 people aboard, and to be honest, I don't think anyone would have really enjoyed having kids aboard in such a limited space. So, from my perspective, and since alcohol is prominantly advertised/served/encouraged on the return trip, I don't think this is the right choice for cruisers with children. Certainly your call, but JMHO. There is one bathroom/head; it requires climbing down a vertical ladder, and it is a true ship's head, not a standard bathroom, i.e., you can't even put your toilet paper in the toilet -- it must be put in a container next to the toilet. Other than that little unpleasant aspect, I thought the catamaran was a joy. We were blessed with a beautiful day, and with the friendly and fun crew, this was a memorable sail over to beautiful St. John. Go and enjoy!

We just came back from a Celebrity cruise, and we went on this excursion - it is now one of our favorites! We sailed on the catamaran Adventurer (the one that was pictured earlier in this thread by another poster), and it was a beautifully maintained, clean vessel, with an amazing, attentive crew. There were about 35 people aboard, and to be honest, I don't think anyone would have really enjoyed having kids aboard in such a limited space. So, from my perspective, and since alcohol is prominantly advertised/served/encouraged on the return trip, I don't think this is the right choice for cruisers with children. Certainly your call, but JMHO. There is one bathroom/head; it requires climbing down a vertical ladder, and it is a true ship's head, not a standard bathroom, i.e., you can't even put your toilet paper in the toilet -- it must be put in a container next to the toilet. Other than that little unpleasant aspect, I thought the catamaran was a joy. We were blessed with a beautiful day, and with the friendly and fun crew, this was a memorable sail over to beautiful St. John. Go and enjoy!

My son was 12 YO on that excursion and had a blast, just as everyone did.

• 1 month later...

Archived