Cruise Documentation

karjoe

Hello All...

We are due on Oasis on the 20th Aug (B2B) (we are booked through a TA (UK)), as of today 6th Aug the 'cruise documentation' status on the RCI website still states 'Cruise Documentation' not issued!! - We have only cruised twice before (both with Princess), so I didn't know if this was normal, we have spoken to our TA and they said they will just contact us when they have it - I figured I would probably get more info out of crusie critics.......any info would be warmly appreciated...

15 days and counting.....:p:p:):):D:D

Joe

Hello All...

We are due on Oasis on the 20th Aug (B2B) (we are booked through a TA (UK)), as of today 6th Aug the 'cruise documentation' status on the RCI website still states 'Cruise Documentation' not issued!! - We have only cruised twice before (both with Princess), so I didn't know if this was normal, we have spoken to our TA and they said they will just contact us when they have it - I figured I would probably get more info out of crusie critics.......any info would be warmly appreciated...

Joe

Call your agent. This is not normal.

Have you printed out your SetSail Pass yet? (not that the two things happen simultaneously)

I didn not get any documetation. All I had was the Setsail pass that you do online. You put you passport info, credit card info that you are putting your onboard charges on and your booking number. Print it out and bring it to the port. That is all we had. YOu can find it on Royal Carib home page and go to the strip at the top and look for "before you board" at the end you print it out. It lets you know when you are done. It will say "complete for each passenger"

Have fun. We did:)

In fairness I completed the setsail pass around 4 - 5 weeks ago. I've spoken to the TA and they just said they would call us when they hear anything.....we got everyyhing in very good time when we sailed with Princess.....I'll try giving them another shout.... really appreciate the info.....thanks for now!!

Joe

Hello All...

Joe

Here is information from Royal Caribbean's site...not sure if the same applies for you in the UK.

Guests in the same stateroom, regardless of last name, who share the same tour components, will be issued one Guest Vacation Document for all guests. You may email your complimentary electronic cruise document (eDoc) to other guests in the stateroom. A printed version of your cruise document is also available upon request at time of booking for a $35 fee per document.

If you reserve your cruise with a travel agent or a Certified Vacation Planner, your cruise documents are sent to you or your travel agent 20-50 days prior to sailing, assuming your reservation is finalized and your payments have been made. Group documents and those that include air arrangements require additional steps and will be sent within 30 days of sailing. Documentation may not be provided in advance for reservations finalized the week of the sailing - guests will obtain pertinent details at the pier prior to boarding, and once onboard. If you have any questions, please contact your travel agent or Certified Vacation Planner directly.

Hello All...

Joe

I sail out of Venice in 42 days and my edocs and set sail pass is available to me online and have already printed them. I am assuming you have completed all the online check in info and provided everything thru the website. I also am booked thru a travel agent...

So the big question is WHY WHY has your TA not contacted RCCL to see if there is a problem....they would be able to e-mail new docs immediately and if you are not getting the info you deserve....them call RCCL and raise a stink!!

This is not not not normal!

Hello All...

15 days and counting.....:p:p:):)

Joe

Joe, that is not normal. We sail on 9-11 and we have had our cruise docs for almost two weeks now. If it is not showing up on their website, I would contact your TA and ask "where the heck are my cruise docs" because until those are issues, you cannot get your luggage tags :eek:

I sail out of Venice in 42 days and my edocs and set sail pass is available to me online and have already printed them. I am assuming you have completed all the online check in info and provided everything thru the website. I also am booked thru a travel agent...

So the big question is WHY WHY has your TA not contacted RCCL to see if there is a problem....they would be able to e-mail new docs immediately and if you are not getting the info you deserve....them call RCCL and raise a stink!!

This is not not not normal!

Joe, that is not normal. We sail on 9-11 and we have had our cruise docs for almost two weeks now. If it is not showing up on their website, I would contact your TA and ask "where the heck are my cruise docs" because until those are issues, you cannot get your luggage tags :eek:

We leave home on August 31 for a 3-day pre-cruise in London and then boarding the Jewel on September 4 for the TA. Yes, we did air and pre-cruise hotel through the cruise lines.

We also do not have e-docs or luggage tags.:mad: Our TA has been fighting with RCI for the past 2 weeks and she was told on Monday the end of the week. Unfortunately they didn't specify the end of what week!

I called C&A D+ desk and they are telling me that she has to call and they have to be forced through. She has tried this numerous times and RCI is not being very helpful. I am not happy as this is the first time we have experienced a problem like this.

We leave home on August 31 for a 3-day pre-cruise in London and then boarding the Jewel on September 4 for the TA. Yes, we did air and pre-cruise hotel through the cruise lines.

We also do not have e-docs or luggage tags.:mad: Our TA has been fighting with RCI for the past 2 weeks and she was told on Monday the end of the week. Unfortunately they didn't specify the end of what week!

I called C&A D+ desk and they are telling me that she has to call and they have to be forced through. She has tried this numerous times and RCI is not being very helpful. I am not happy as this is the first time we have experienced a problem like this.

I am thinking that your "travel agent" may be the incompetent one here! Maybe if you tell RCCL you want to transfer your reservation to them they will speak with you.....are you sure your agent has even paid....I might tell RCCL you are now concerned you even have a VALID reservation and get a supervisor on the phone! I would be getting very very pissy with RCCL about this time.....your agent can't be fighting with them for two weeks...something really smells here....call RCCL and be "pisssst offfff" really really "pisssst off". Tell them you do not want to be in the position of getting to the ship and denied boarding!

This happened to us at the start of the year it transpired that our TA had not paid RCI even though we had paid in plenty time. After contacting RCI we were informed of this but were told not to worry as the TA still had time to pay before the deadline. It was a worry but everything was paid and all was well.

I am thinking that your "travel agent" may be the incompetent one here! Maybe if you tell RCCL you want to transfer your reservation to them they will speak with you.....are you sure your agent has even paid....I might tell RCCL you are now concerned you even have a VALID reservation and get a supervisor on the phone! I would be getting very very pissy with RCCL about this time.....your agent can't be fighting with them for two weeks...something really smells here....call RCCL and be "pisssst offfff" really really "pisssst off". Tell them you do not want to be in the position of getting to the ship and denied boarding!

I have the most competent TA in our area. Have been dealing with her for years and this is the first time this has ever happened. Please don't assume that when dealing with a TA and things don't go according to plan, that it is always the TA that is not doing his/her job.:( Just because one books directly with RCI does not mean that things will go according to plan either.

I have just called the Executive Offices of Customer Service in Miami and after talking with the rep who checked our booking and then spoke with Resolutions..........there is a glitch in their system with not only our booking number but many others as well.

I have our SetSail Pass printed which can usually only be done after final payment is made so..........we can't be denied boarding if I have that in hand.:rolleyes:

This happened to us at the start of the year it transpired that our TA had not paid RCI even though we had paid in plenty time. After contacting RCI we were informed of this but were told not to worry as the TA still had time to pay before the deadline. It was a worry but everything was paid and all was well.

This is exactly what I am thinking!!! TA is giving you a bunch of BS and they have not paid......when I pay my TA she runs it directly thru RCCL and my credit card statement actually shows RCCL and NOT my travel agency.....

You can not get your final docs if you are not paid in full!!!!! Time to fire your TA and I would confront them in person and have them call RCCL with you on the speaker or make it a three way call.....:mad:

This is exactly what I am thinking!!! TA is giving you a bunch of BS and they have not paid......when I pay my TA she runs it directly thru RCCL and my credit card statement actually shows RCCL and NOT my travel agency.....

You can not get your final docs if you are not paid in full!!!!! Time to fire your TA and I would confront them in person and have them call RCCL with you on the speaker or make it a three way call.....:mad:

Our TA does the same thing as yours.........we use our RCI Visa for payment. Have the credit card statements as proof. I have a feeling that you haven't done many RCI cruises.

You are really assuming quite a bit here in regards to our TA whom you have never dealt with. After 15 years of wonderful service, I don't think she's gonna screw us now.:rolleyes:

This must be going around. I haven't received my docs either, nor my airline details, and it's only 41 days before I cruise. Everyone else on my roll call has received their docs. It's worrying me, because this is the first time I've ever sailed from a port other than in my hometown and to be honest I'm scared to death something is going to foul up.

I booked straight through the RCI website.

I'm going to give it another week or so, but after that I'm calling and finding out just what's going on. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one this is happening to.

This must be going around. I haven't received my docs either, nor my airline details, and it's only 41 days before I cruise. Everyone else on my roll call has received their docs. It's worrying me, because this is the first time I've ever sailed from a port other than in my hometown and to be honest I'm scared to death something is going to foul up.

I booked straight through the RCI website.

I'm going to give it another week or so, but after that I'm calling and finding out just what's going on. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one this is happening to.

According to RCCL's website...Group documents and those that include air arrangements require additional steps and will be sent within 30 days of sailing.

It's possible your reservation may not be finalized due to your air arrangements but in any case I would follow-up.

Our TA does the same thing as yours.........we use our RCI Visa for payment. Have the credit card statements as proof. I have a feeling that you haven't done many RCI cruises.

You are really assuming quite a bit here in regards to our TA whom you have never dealt with. After 15 years of wonderful service, I don't think she's gonna screw us now.:rolleyes:

Pardon me!!! Of course the fact that this is your long time travel agent DOES make all the difference and we too use our RCCL VISA to pay and that gives peace of mind to see the payment in your stmts.....if you research the CC threads unfortunately others have dealt with unethical TA's and lost their money and I was really hoping that was not happening to you.

In spite of my online CC signature, I have been on many cruises, but yes you are right RCCL is not one I typically cruise with. I also trust my TA of many years, but if she was not getting any satisfaction I would still be really really pissy with the folks at RCCL! IMHO - so sorry for offering advice

Pardon me!!! Of course the fact that this is your long time travel agent DOES make all the difference and we too use our RCCL VISA to pay and that gives peace of mind to see the payment in your stmts.....if you research the CC threads unfortunately others have dealt with unethical TA's and lost their money and I was really hoping that was not happening to you.

In spite of my online CC signature, I have been on many cruises, but yes you are right RCCL is not one I typically cruise with. I also trust my TA of many years, but if she was not getting any satisfaction I would still be really really pissy with the folks at RCCL! IMHO - so sorry for offering advice

I have found that in dealing with RCI or anyone where a problem is evident, a teaspoon of sugar goes much further than an ounce of vinegar.

I do appreciate your concern and am confident that the problem will be resolved by the end of today.:)

Just an update.........we received our e-docs this afternoon and all necessary vouchers have been printed off.:D

Major glitch at RCI........nobody wanted to admit what the hang up was. Resolutions said it was due to a portion of our air arrangements not being ticketed because of a change. :eek: Though when I called the airlines.......there has been no change. When our TA called Air/Sea Dept. they had no change and couldn't figure out why the e-docs weren't issued.

Finally a fourth call to Executive Customer Service in Miami got results. Then a follow up call from Resolutions to let me know the e-docs were being sent to our TA.

I don't think we will ever find out who screwed up.

Archived