P.V., Cabo,and Mazat with 2 year old/ Excursion tips

Daisyeln

Looking for fun things to do in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo and Mazatlan with a two year old. Any tips and advice for these Ports of Call? Traveled with him three months ago on the Liberty with RCCL, so I'm aware of all the general tips for cruising, I just need sepecific ideas for these ports. Going on the Mariner, Aug 30th with RCCL again. Thanks everyone.

We're in the same situation so I'm also interested in any suggestions. We'll be cruising with 13mo twins when we do CCL Splendor right after Thanksgiving. Different ship, but same ports.

In Cabo we're doing the Lands End tour. It's a ~3 hour tour which includes the boat ride out to the point. I don't think we can mention vendors here, but I found it for $27/adult with kids under 4 for free. Should be easy enough to google if you want to check it out. (Note: we will be bringing our own life jackets as the tour operator does not have infant sized jackets.)

Just to be clear, this isn't a child-centric tour. It's something that we'll enjoy. It's short enough and calm enough to not stress out the kids, and they'll be able to enjoy the time with us.

If you do a search of the ports on this board, you'll find tons of information, but the basics are:

P.V. - the Krystal is an easy walk and has a playground, beach with palapas for shade, large pool attached to a kids pool with a fountain; showers, etc. $20 per adult admission is credited to your food/beverage bill. We've had many happy days at the Krystal and the food is good (tacos for me/quesadillas for my toddlers). Also bring small bills to tip the guys who arrange your chairs, etc.

Mazatlan - walk to the ferry to Stone Island, eat at one of the restaurants and use their beach access/restrooms for the day

Cabo - the benefit of the Lands End tour is it leaves from the dock, so no car seat is necessary; others here have mentioned different hotels for day use, but they all require a taxi or water taxi (where you have to wade in the water).

Bring your own sand toys, blow up ball, raft, swim ring, floaties, etc. I bring a few buckets from the $1 store, which take up little room in the suitcase and then we just leave them in each port as we're done rather than bringing sandy toys back to the cabin.

Best,

Mia

Archived