12308 anyone any comments - No of chairs on Balcony (family balcony)

diddydoormouse

Is there enough room for 2 Adults and 2 Teens in the balcony family staterooms? do you get 4 chairs on the balcony or are there any stools inside to utilise so we can can sit out as a family? thanks:p

We were booked in this cabin and were removed from it by NCL stating that it did not accomodate 4 people.

This was what I received by email:

"We received notice from Norwegian Cruise Line that your assigned cabin does not hold 4 passengers which is the reason why they have change your cabin to 12024."

You might want to make sure you still have that room. I called one person at NCL after getting it from my TA and they confirmed it. When did you book?

We were booked in this cabin and were removed from it by NCL stating that it did not accomodate 4 people.

"We received notice from Norwegian Cruise Line that your assigned cabin does not hold 4 passengers which is the reason why they have change your cabin to 12024."

You might want to make sure you still have that room. I called one person at NCL after getting it from my TA and they confirmed it. When did you book?

We booked early May this year and have not been told anything else, but we dont sail until Easter next year! Anyone else been in this room with a family of 4?

We booked early May this year and have not been told anything else, but we dont sail until Easter next year! Anyone else been in this room with a family of 4?

We booked it July 8th and received the notification on July 19th. We then picked the cabin one floor beneath and was confirmed and we were switched 2 days later without notification. Everything came through our TA. I wasnt sure if it was some mixup by our TA or not so I called them directly and asked why were we moved. The NCL agent said the cabin was reclassified, yet the deck plans do not reflect that 4 people can't be in it. I still wonder what all happened.

These "Family rooms" are smaller than you think. The sofa is right up against the bed and many of these rooms do not have the flip down bed above. If they have it, fine, although you will be really really tight.

The balcony is set up with two chairs and a tiny table. We got a lounge chair, but then had to stack the chairs. You could maybe put out the 2 chairs and lounge with no floor space, and again you would be on top of each other.

Unless your teens never whine and love to be shoulder to shoulder with the 'rents, then I would find a way to put them elsewhere--like in a nearby inside cabin.

I got in touch with my tour operator last week, I have just received an email moving me to 11304 ? not happy the balcony seems smaller.:( but thanks for letting me know 3 gals and a buoy.

I got in touch with my tour operator last week, I have just received an email moving me to 11304 ? not happy the balcony seems smaller.:( but thanks for letting me know 3 gals and a buoy.

Sorry to hear you had to switch rooms. I had gotten the "better you know now than later" type of comments which makes sense, but is still frustrating. I would think they would update the deck plans to reflect things accordingly, but the last time I looked, it still says it is a 4 person room. The NCL rep thought maybe you could put a crib in it to make it a 4 person room and that was why they didn't change the designation. Hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation!

Sorry you have to change rooms, but better to do it now that be surprised later. We had a family balcony room on the 12th deck (12072). The balcony was quite big, we had two chairs and a small table. Would have easily held more chairs. The room; however was terribly small. We have two teens and we were very cramped, with no privacy for shower/bathroom/sink. The pull-down bunk is ok, but the 4th bed is simply that they put a sheet on the couch, which does not pull out, and was very uncomfortable, and too short, for my son. Would never put a family of 4, especially teenage (boys) in this size room again, and agent should have addressed these issues. I should have read this website. Still had fun on ship.

The main bed was fine in size for adults, the sofa rolled out a little bit to provide more room but I agree, it was a poor excuse for a bed. The drop-down was just as small but, to be honest, the novelty of it had my kids actually fighting to get up there. By the time we got to the cabin in the evening (night, actually) we were all so tired that we could have slept on just about anything. When I first saw the cabin (family balcony), I was concerned about the size but as the cruise progressed, it became apparent that we really didn't care because we were rarely in it. When all four of us were trying to get ready in the morning, the dropdown was a good place to stash one or both of the kids so they weren't in the way. We then folded it up ourselves to have more room getting to the closets and such. A simple tool can be used to open the latch to fold it down as well.

Archived