Need advice on packing....

KROBI

We will leave New Orleans Dec 27th on Carnival Triumph, I know you can't tell me what the weather will be, but maybe someone that has taken this cruise before could offer some advice on packing. I know we will need jeans and jacket leaving New Orleans, rest of the cruise not sure about. Our itinerary will be, first two days at sea then Belize,Roatan,Cozumel, and our last day at sea. Thanks for any advice.:)

We did this cruise out of Florida a few years ago - week before Christmas.

I was fine wearing capris and shorts. Daytime tops were short sleeve, evening I wore short sleeve silk blouses, and a few 3 quarter length. A light jacket, and sandals.

My husband wore shorts everyday, and khaki pants everynight.

Around Belize/Roatan, temps should still be pretty warm that time of year. Average around upper 70s to mid 80s. I'd definitely be all about the shorts! But you never know, could have a cool rainy day here or there. May be pack one outfit for a 'just in case' cooler day, but I'd mostly pack for warm weather!:D Have fun!!!

Take a sweater or jacket to wear in the showrooms on board. They believe in keeping the lounges cold.

It could possibly be cold in NO at embarkation or debarkation. Ten years ago southern Louisiana had an ice storm close to Christmas.

We did Western Caribbean for Christmas in '08. It was COLD when we left NOLA. By second day it was nice weather for shorts or light pants. In Cozumel on Christmas Day at the beach. Water a bit chilly but great. We gave each other a sunburn for Christmas!

On the return to NOLA it was in the low 70's, quite different from a week earlier!! But once at sea and in ports temperatures were more like early summer. Sweaters/long sleeves may be needed for A/C venues on board.

ENJOY

Thank you all for the info, I guess the first two days a sea, not sure what to expect as far as temperature...

We sailed out of Mobile the week after Thanksgiving last year and it was cold!!! We were wrapped in about 5 pool towels for sailaway, lol! The cruise went only as far south as Cozumel and Calica and it was very warm in both places. I think you'll be fine to take normal cruise wear :)

This past January, early in the month, everything was freezing cold from Panama to Canada. My advice is pack just a little for each season, mixing and matching, with possibility of wearing in layers. I always pack one pair of jeans and a jacket then mix in other items to cover all bases.

Archived