Vancouver to Salt Spring island

chrob

Does anyone know what will be the best way to get from where the cruise ship docks at Canada Place to our accommodation on Salt Spring Island?

I have read about BC ferries, but how do we get from Canada Place to the ferry docks?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Chrob

The bigger question is how you're going to get from the ferry terminal on Salt Spring to your accomodation. Doesn't sound like you're renting a car. On the Vancouver side you can catch a cab that would take you to the ferry terminal and then go as walk on passengers. Alternatively you can catch the Pacific Coach Lines bus at the downtown bus terminal. These usually transport you all the way to Victoria, but they might have ones going to Salt Spring.

My folks( savand barb) live on Vancouver Island and there is a ferry that leaves out of Sidny habour to Salt spring Island.It is a small flat ferry( no fancy stuff) just sit in your car for the short trip.She can see Salt Spring from her deck if her neighbor has his tree topped.I envie you....If you get a chance to go to Vancouver Island for any amount of time.GO to the Collwood lagoon by fort rod hill park.Absolutely my favorite place on earth. tranquility at it's best!

Salt Spring island can be accessed by ferry at three different points - most people access it from Swartz Bay which is where the ferry from the Vancouver side docks - you get off the big ship and head for the small ship which will take you to Fulford Harbour. This provides the most frequency.

Second option is from Vancouver side to Long Harbour ( Ganges) - less frequent but a faster trip with less stops.

Third option is from Crofton on Vancouver Island to Salt Spring Island but you have to get to Vancouver Island via Horseshoe bay/Nanaimo and then drive down Island to Crofton.

I could go on but here's a link to BC Ferries website:

http://www.bcferries.com/

I would suggest that you contact the accomodation that you have booked and find out if they meet the ferries and which terminal you should go to.

You have picked a beautiful place to spend some time.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted the owners of the accommodation where we are staying and they will pick us up at either the ferry docks or where the sea plane lands at Ganges.

At the moment, I think we are favouring the float plane option because of the time it will save but I am having difficulty contacting either Salt Spring Air or Harbour Air by e-mail. Does anyone have either of their e-mail address? I can book on-line but I have some questions that I want to ask before booking and so need their e-mail address.

Any other info on must-see places will be appreciated. We are considering either hiring a car or scooters when we are on Salt Spring island. Again any info re contact for hire companies would be great.

Thanks

Chrob

chrob

The seaplane is probably your best choice, since it leaves from close

to the Cruise Ship Terminal and avoids taxis, busses, ferries, etc. Also, it

is a beautiful, scenic flight over to Ganges.

Try e-mailing them at harbour@harbour-air.com (found this well hidden on

their website). Not sure what car rentals are available on Saltspring

Island itself, though, but Harbour Air might have some info.

Archived