Dining Options

swdke

I understand Princess has several dining room options. One where you can come and dine at a time of your own choosing, and the standard set time of early or late seating. I like the idea of having the same waitor, and intend to choose the standard early seating time. However, on our upcoming Baltic cruise on the Star, I forsee that a few nights we might arrive later than the early seating time. Will it be possible to arrive late and still be seated at our assigned table with the same waitor? We would inform them in advance that we might be late, and what time to expect us. Do you think this would be a problem? Or, will we be seated where ever there's a table and waitor available? Has anyone had simular experiences they could share? Thank you.

Maybe 15 minutes late or so would be o.k., but remeber the problem is that these tables have to be cleared in time for the 2nd seating dining, and you would be putting your waiter under a lot of pressure if you showed up very late. I would suggest, if you are going to be late, to let your waiter know you will not be there, and use any number of the other dining options Princess has--Horizan Court, room service, PC dining, other restaurants, etc. Have you already arranged for traditional early seating dining? We are waitlisted for early seating for our cruise the end of May!!

Stansthos, thanks for your reply. Yea, we have reserved early seating, we booked back in September a cruise in July to the Baltic ports. Last time I cruised with Princess, they didn't have the personal dining option. So, I was hoping that maybe since they seem more flexible, that they might also be flexible if you couldn't be on time just for one or two nights. I wasn't how sure I might be, but it could be an hour late, but you're probably right about the 2nd seating creating a bind for the waiters. Thanks.

Archived