Champange Reef Taxi

seashinesunshine

I have been reading a bit about Champange Reef, in 2009 we took a catamaran excursion there. I am reading about people that take a taxi and snorkel from the shore, and that there is a dive shop where you can rent snorkel equipment. When we were on the catamaran it didn't look at all like there was anything like that along the shore. Is it new? We are thinking of taking a taxi there this winter if possible. What is the rate for a taxi ride, there would be anywhere from 4 to 10 of us. Any new info would be great! Thanks:D

We were there this past march. Had a great time! Although we didn't take a taxi directly there, our stop was part of a complete island tour. There is a small building at the road above Champaigne Reef. They do rent snorkel gear,flotation vests etc. & also sell cold beer, water, soda and some snacks. There are also bathrooms, changing facilities, & showers. There was also a small charge, $5.00 PP (I think) to enter Champagne Reef. Hope this helps :)

ChampaignReefTickets.jpg

We were there this past march. Had a great time! Although we didn't take a taxi directly there, our stop was part of a complete island tour. There is a small building at the road above Champaigne Reef. They do rent snorkel gear,flotation vests etc. & also sell cold beer, water, soda and some snacks. There are also bathrooms, changing facilities, & showers. There was also a small charge, $5.00 PP (I think) to enter Champagne Reef. Hope this helps :)

ChampaignReefTickets.jpg

Thanks for the info, that does help. I wanted to take my kids snorkeling there, the bubbles are fun, but didn't want to pay for a full catamaran excursion. We will probably try the taxi thing. It is a pretty island, I love Dominica, after Barbados it is my favorite. :)

Archived