I think I found the way that works for me!

Watched a friend lose 30 lbs in just a few months by eating this way. He told me that as he gets others to do it, they are losing too. Just on day two of this way of eating and I think its very doable. Anyone want to join with me? Here's the key. Eat every hour and a half. And when you do eat, cut down your portions. It's easier to do, when you know that in another hour and a half, you get to eat again. Also drink lots of water in between. Eat what you want, eventually, you will start making better choices. Cut what you would normally eat, right in half. You can always have the other half, in 1 1/2 hours. Get your protein in there and simple snacks. granola bars or fruit, veggies. But be sure your choices satisfy in taste. Nothing is off limits. But just smaller portions. In between your meals, your body will be burning the food you just put in. So you have to eat every 1 1/2 hours. Anybody with me? Jan

I am eating every 1.5 hours but using the Weight Watchers point system while doing it. I am having great results this time with the WW diet, and I think that it is because I eat all those mini-meals during the day. I also feel more comfortable knowing that I dont need a big meal because I am eating again in 1.5-2 hours. I feel better than I have in years.

The key for me is to remember to pack all the supplies to take to work each day.

Good luck!

-Kim

I did do WW before, so I understand the point concept. I think unconsciously, I still use it as well. I still carry my calculater in my pocketbook, and I still look things up when I'm considering buying a new product that I see. It helps keeping calories in perspective.

I am very excited that I finally found something that works. But its only day 2, so only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do WW, but trying it a second time I didn't get the same results as I did the first time. Not sure why.

A friend of mine suggested Shape.com, there is a tab called Virtual Trainer. This has really been working for me. I also find it's a little easier to stick to than WW. The only down side is that you have to input all of your foods. But if you write it down all day, it only takes a half hour or so at the end of the day to input everything. You also add your excersise that you do, and it figures out how much extra you've burned (or gone over) each day.

After struggling to lose 6 pounds through my second time with WW (which took 2 months to do), I tried this, and dropped 3.5 the first week. Worth a try for anyone having trouble getting WW to work for them.

Archived