Ccl stock

Capri73

I just send them the most recent statement of my purchase and the number of shares held. They seemed to be satisfied by this information, as they did confirm the shareholders benefit.

When I arrived aboard I received the credit. I still hold on to the shares, but as the current rate shows, I probably will have to hold on to them for quite a while and satisfy myself with the shareholders benefit.:)

Regards,

GuyV

Can anyone tell me what SB needs for paperwork to show we are owners of CCL?

Thank you,

We are 2 months away and counting.:)

My TA just emailed them a scanned copy of the brokerage statement.

Edit: I estimate that the $250 OBC I am getting for the shares is equivalent to a tax free dividend of around 5%.

My TA just emailed them a scanned copy of the brokerage statement.

Edit: I estimate that the $250 OBC I am getting for the shares is equivalent to a tax free dividend of around 5%.

I thought the shareholder benefit was $100, regardless of the number of shares held. Is iit $100 per 100 shares? ( Doubtful.) Is the benefit annual, applicable to every SB cruise taken, or simply a one time courtesy?

For anyone cruising that doesn't own the CCL stock...now is a good time to buy it. I just bought a 100 shares at $32 = $3200. My broker also sold an option where I got $300, but someone can buy the shares for $3300 until January. So my cost is now $2900, almost the all time low for the year, and if someone takes it from me, I have made $400 plus my $100 on board credit...a win/win situation.

For anyone cruising that doesn't own the CCL stock...now is a good time to buy it. I just bought a 100 shares at $32 = $3200. My broker also sold an option where I got $300, but someone can buy the shares for $3300 until January. So my cost is now $2900, almost the all time low for the year, and if someone takes it from me, I have made $400 plus my $100 on board credit...a win/win situation.

Sounds like a covered call option. Not a bad deal but, if the shares climb well above $33 then you will lose out on the upside. Before the correction last week they were at around $36. The trick with covered calls is to try to pitch the strike price just above where you think the market will go. That way, the option expires, you get to keep the premium and the shares as well. You can then sell another option and pocket another $3/share. But the farther out you project, the harder it is and January is pretty far out. Also, don't forget to factor in brokerage fees when you work out how much profit you have made.

I do quite a lot of covered calls but I bought my 150 CCL shares as a buy and hold with a view to pocketing the OBC and any other dividends year on year. I think an annual - and currently risk and tax free - return of 5% plus is pretty good.

I searched because I remembered that this had been discussed on here before. If you go to the Carnival website, click on Investor Relations, and then click on investor benefit, it will show you exactly what you need to fax and to whom to receive the credit.

I thought the shareholder benefit was $100, regardless of the number of shares held. Is iit $100 per 100 shares? ( Doubtful.) Is the benefit annual, applicable to every SB cruise taken, or simply a one time courtesy?

I believe it is applicable to every SB cruise taken through July 31, 2011. (per their website)

As well as.....Carnival, Princess, Holland, Cunard, Costa!

I believe it is applicable to every SB cruise taken through July 31, 2011. (per their website)

As well as.....Carnival, Princess, Holland, Cunard, Costa!

Yes it is ... and hopefully it gets renewed for next year and the year after and the year after ..........

Archived