What would you do?

kaeffe

Chased:

Great pics thanks for sharing. What time did you get into port anf get hooked up with Pablo? How long was your total tour, you sure saw a lot!!! Thanks for your help!

we got there at about 9:30 and stayed with him till about 1:30 and we only came back because some folks wanted to shop. lol:( with him he seems to enjoy explaining every single detail!! we loved it!

Did he take you somewhere to eat? Or did you eat at the beach he took you to?

we just ate at the beach and it was so good . , Here are some more pics lol I think we took pics of everything here and in cozumel. over 2000 pics . the 1st 1 is the food we ordered Fajitas. Yummy!!! the 2nd is the area where the bar and tables are to eat. the 3rd is a veiw of the pool area which is near the bar. the last pic is of the beach

Even though the heat index was 105 the water was not very warm. take a hat im dark and I got a heck of a tan that day.

218251724_cruise2010021.jpg.bbdc1b451b946545d2c13d1344c291bb.jpg

1597160427_cruise2010065.jpg.a2a3aad47c9b80f634c3be141db51b35.jpg

1926262840_carnivaltriumphAug20101027.jpg.04c55fa36563b66de9b9e58c94bd7bd2.jpg

283129483_carnivaltriumphAug20101030.jpg.05fca86d5be85baa224b0fed53647bee.jpg

1082356953_carnivaltriumphAug20101026.jpg.79c07b71c6a0572b4831544fce7075bb.jpg

Chased: I contacted Pablo and he is extremely nice. We will be doing a tour with him in December. It seems like you all had a great time with him...thanks for your review!! I emailed him at the address and it worked. The website also works as well. I'm interested to see what you all did in Coz as well. Thanks again for recommending Pablo.

August 2010

We wanted to see a bit of the "back country" in the Yucatan. We have done the ‘cruise ship group’ tours and wanted to get away from the herd mentality of the bus as well as seeing some small towns and lesser-known sites.

William Lawson (lawson_william@hotmail.com) met us promptly as planned after we got off of the bus from the cruise ship – the ‘DOCK’ is 5 miles long and the ship is at the end of it!! With his nice clean and air/conditioned car, we headed out on the 'convent route' and to the Mayapan ruins

Our first stop was at Acanceh. In the main plaza photos were taken of the pyramid right in town, the local colonial-era buildings and we enjoyed the sights and delicious smells of the market. The church was also on the agenda. Then, on the way back out of town we stopped at a tortilleria, where they were making fresh corn tortillas and the very friendly owner gave us permission to step behind the counter and take photos of the corn grinding process and to see how the fresh tortillas are cut and baked in gas fired ovens. I bought a half-kilo of tortillas, which the owner graciously declined to charge for (but I paid him anyway) and we enjoyed a fresh healthy snack in the car on the way to...

Tecoh. This is a pretty little town. The towns residents are obviously very proud of their city and there were streamers over the church and city hall - to announce that yet another fiesta was in full swing, complete with a bullring made of sticks and string - which would make a American safety inspector cringe but which is evidently safe and normal.

After Tecoh, we stopped at Telchaquillo, whose main claim to fame is a cenote right there in the main square - it is easy to descend into which made it easy to explore.

Then on to Mayapan, for a walk around the Mayan community ruins and then we were back on the road, heading back towards Merida and lunch at the Hacienda Teya, known for their excellent Yucatecan food and great service. Lunch was very enjoyable and accompanied by a bottle of refreshing grenache rose wine and then it was time to hoof it to Progreso so as not to arrive late for the cruise ships departure. Had their been a little more time, we would have liked to stop at the Aristi liquor store, where local liquor is bottled and sold.

It was truly a most interesting and pleasant day made possible by William Lawson. I recommend his services to anyone wishing to have a local, very knowledgeable person conduct a personal tour at a reasonable fee.

What did you do in Cozumel?

Im glad you guys were able to contact pablo he is great!!! In cozumel we got off the ship and rented a car , they are right there in the port shopping center. the cost was 61.00 that included the insurance. the island is a big cicle so we just did our own bar hop and beach runs . it was way to early to drink so we just rode and took pics at all the bars . do not book the beaches through canival because all the beaches are free! they just ask that you purchase something like a drink or rent the water toys which are only like 12.00 bucks at the most!! then we went downtown to shop . i would definiately go this route. :p;)

if you do it this way there are millions of things to take pics of. i love the view there so nice.

Archived