Raiders Lost Mayan or Cave Tube/Zipline???

ladeeesquire

This is for my sons, 19 and 22. They both like adventure stuff and are physically fit. We'll be there in mid sept.

Option 1: Raiders of the lost mayan thru carnival, $125 pp, sounds like fun but not sure if it will be too many people, too much driving and just super super hot etc. Pros: sounds like something different, includes lunch.

Option 2: Zipline and cave tubing combo trip thru belizecruiseexcursions (dot) com, $99 pp. The reviews seem good and I saw an advantage that the ziplining might be super hot but then they could cool off during the cave tubing.

Thoughts? suggestions?

That Raiders things sounds awesome! But I am afraid of heights and claustrophobic LOL I would zipline in the army, but I had to. I'm not sure if I could make myself do it on my own with no incentive at the end. I'd do that one in a heartbeat though! Tell your boys to go for it!

Either of those would be a good choice. We just did the Raiders tour last week. It was pretty awesome! The tour is nearly entirely inside / shaded, so it's not too hot or exposed.

We were the only ship in port and there were 27 people total on the tour. We were broken up into three smaller groups. The caves are actually pretty spacious, the "crawl" spaces are not too bad. There were two where you could squat and walk or hunch over to get through. Only one place do I remember actually getting down low on my hands and feet (not knees) and walking through. (Sorta like climbing a horizontal ladder.) I'm a bit claustrophobic as well and it wasn't bad. Heights are not much either - the zip lines aren't super high, the faux-rappelling was maybe 20 ft and the rope bridges are maybe 3 ft high (just over some rugged areas). It was a great tour overall! (Though I do question the validity of the "Mayan" part of the presentation, but I guess it made for a good story...)

Incidently, the zip lining and cave tubing occur within a few miles of where the Raiders tour starts; it's close to the same amount of riding. I know we could have booked this tour independently for $30 less, but it was a lengthy tour and being a tender port, it was worth the cost for the peace of mind to book through the cruiseline. Just my .02.

Archived