Holy land cruise Vision of the Sea

gjkre

Hi I am new to forums and cruising.We are booked for a cruise to the Holy Land in October. I would be greatful for any advice on dress code etc board,formal nights etc. Is it best to book shore excursions through RCI?or is better to book at the destinations. Would be greatful for any advice at all. Thank you

We did the Holy Land Cruise on the Vision last October and it was marvelous.

We loved the ship and the itinerary.

You can find a lot about dress codes on the ship on these boards so I won't repeat that advice. There will also be a dress code for excursions depending on your choices. For churches and mosques it is necessary to dress modestly which means knees and shoulders covered for men and women. If you visit a mosque it will also be necessary to remove your shoes or in some cases have the option of purchasing covers for your shoes for about $1.00. It will be quite warm and dusty in Egypt so you will need light weight but modest clothing.

We did the excursions in Israel and Egypt through RCL. They were very expensive but well worth every cent. In both cases we stayed overnight to maximize our time because we would probably not have another opportunity to see these amazing places. In October it gets dark early so we could see a great deal of Jerusalem and Cairo at night (Nile evening cruise with whirling dervish and belly dancer, sound and light show at the pyramids, panorama of Jerusalem at night) which was not possible on the one day tours. Check these boards for recommendations of private tour companies. They are less expensive but you need to be careful to check their reputation and reserve all excursions well in advance of sailing. They also are less expensive if you have a group so I suggest you check the roll call for your cruise date to see if a group is being formed.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived