Chankanaab lately?

kaeffe

Hope you have a great time. You will have life jackets on.

You may also want to consider the sea lion encounter. It's done in the sea lion pool. The water is a little warmer, the steps are regular pool steps with a rail, and the sea lions are wonderful.

I also remembered that before deciding we went on You Tube and found videos of all three. This will help you decide more too.

The staff are really good to work with. My DD is disabled (mental, not physical) and they really made it special for her and worked with her special needs.

Have fun, wish we were going back.

How did you book the sea lion encounter?? I think we would love to do this, but I didn't find one on Carnival's excursions, nor is it listed on Chankkanaab's website either. I want to find something different for us to do, I think either the manatee or the sea lion encounter would be great.

How did you book the sea lion encounter?? I think we would love to do this, but I didn't find one on Carnival's excursions, nor is it listed on Chankkanaab's website either. I want to find something different for us to do, I think either the manatee or the sea lion encounter would be great.

Go to www dolphindiscovery dot com/cozumel and it's listed in the Activities section which is on the left hand side of the screen.

Thank you! I just saved that into my favorites, so we can look it over and figure out which one we want to book. We come into port at 11:00 am and have until 8:00 pm so I'm trying to figure out which one we'd want to do and what time. And also which one my husband wants to do, as we have done a dolphin swim before.

Can we bring our own equipment for snorkeling? Where's a good place to snorkel there? Bringing my 70yo Mom there in March!

We were just there last week. There is really only one snorkeling area -- when you come into the park you just walk to the left and you'll come to an area where there are three or four stair entries into the water. It's right in front of the lifeguard chair. You have to wear a life jacket which they provide, but you have to leave a ship's card or driver's license. You can leave just one license for as many life jackets as you need. It's annoying snorkeling with them. We just didn't inflate them at it made for much easier snorkeling. We saw lots of fish and had an enjoyable day there.

Can we bring our own equipment for snorkeling? Where's a good place to snorkel there? Bringing my 70yo Mom there in March!

Sorry -- forgot to say that you can bring your own equipment. If you don't have it it costs $10 or $15 dollars, depending on where you rent it -- the place further from the entrance is less expensive. There is also a coupon from the Chankanaab site that you can print and get $2 off the $21 admission. Just have it filled out before you arrive and one is good for as many people as you have in your group. Also a taxi from where Princess docked (it's the newest dock and the furtherest from downtown) costs $22 for up to 8 people. We just shared with others waiting for a taxi. Interestingly, on the way back it was just $15. Taxis were abundant both directions. It was less than a ten minute ride.

Archived