Where to do what

tgjr

I am looking for ideas on what to do in the different ports. We do travel with kids of age 9 and 12. We also wondere where is the best place ( if any ) to swim with dolphins.

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

23-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

24-Dec Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

26-Dec Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

27-Dec St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

28-Dec Roseau, Dominica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

29-Dec Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

30-Dec Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

31-Dec St. George's, Grenada 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

02-Jan San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

I will be very pleased to learn about your experience in the different ports.

It will be very good if you explain us why you recomend what you recomend so we can learn more.

BGDRS

Tgjr

I suggest that you go to the Port of Call board and ask there. There should be a lot of information about each of your ports. Also, go to the Review board and read the reviews of your ship and the ports you will be visiting.

Have fun!!!

We did a river tubing adventure through a private vendor in Dominica. It was fabulous. One of the best times we've ever done. Sitting on a tube rafting through the jungle. The guides are there to help you along if you get stuck or fall off the tube. A couple of guides go down first, then there are a couple in the middle of the group and then two bring up the rear. Very well cared for. If you want the name of the tour company I could look it up for you because I can't quite remember it. Something like Andres tours.... Have fun!

I used the "Ports of Call" section for each of our stops. After I decided which activities we might be interested in for each of them, I did further research on the TripAdvisor forums for each stop, using the "search" function. I was able to narrow it down pretty well for each one - whether each island was good for snorkeling, shopping, sightseeing, or whatever. Different people like different things, so it's hard to take one or two recommendations, you really need to do your own research depending on what YOU like.

I highly recommend the Ziplining excursion in St Lucia. My friends and I booked a tour with Frank on our own. He first drove us to Tree Top Adventure so 4 of us (out of 8) could Zipline. We were the first ones there. Next, he took us on an island tour. We made stops at the Volcano and waterfall, along with a couple other picture taking spots. We had lunch and then one more stop at a small gift shop area and then back to the ship.

Franks tour cost us less than $60 per person with the tip for the entire day and it was an additional $85 per person for the ziplining.

Karen

Archived